Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night or day?

Options
  • 19-06-2008 7:13pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

While most of us are up late in this forum, do you actually like the night?

I always get a bit moody around this time of year because I've actually grown to prefer night to day.

That said I enjoy cancer flame ball time sometimes as well. I just get my fill of it very easy. I like the dark and the quiet and the coolness.

What about ye/

Do you prefer... 39 votes

Night
    0%
    Day
    43%
    ShiminayWintersRekutribulusKnifeWRENCHc - 13takolaDoctor DooMIrishKnightOverhealmykidsmomMizzLollyCokehead Motherthusspakeblixankay1985VIS VIRESBizzyLizzy 17 votes
    Twilighty bit of both goodness
    10%
    Ruu_OldbohsmanestebancambiasCaychadh 4 votes
    Equally
    25%
    JC 2K3[Deleted User]Aisling(",)fonpoknoSuperSean11Gavin "shels"ronnie3585Sod'o swordsTeletextPearFuturecrook 10 votes
    Atari DarkJager
    20%
    the deeDraganThe guyRaouljohn concannonstar-pantscHaTbOxeVeNtInE 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Never really a big fan of the dark, probably because everyone else seems to sleep okay and I don't. My brain is too active and listening all the time. :/ I'd rather be up and about doing something anyway, glad there is a 24hr shop nearby to wander around.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Day
    Ruu wrote: »
    Never really a big fan of the dark, probably because everyone else seems to sleep okay and I don't. My brain is too active and listening all the time. :/ I'd rather be up and about doing something anyway, glad there is a 24hr shop nearby to wander around.

Yeah I think nearly everyone in this forum would be lost without them, they keep popping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Atari DarkJager
    SDooM wrote: »
    While most of us are up late in this forum, do you actually like the night?

I always get a bit moody around this time of year because I've actually grown to prefer night to day.

That said I enjoy cancer flame ball time sometimes as well. I just get my fill of it very easy. I like the dark and the quiet and the coolness.

What about ye/

I like both night and day.I like that silence that takes over at night, like you've got your own piece of time that nobody interferes with and I like the day because the Sun is something to get up for full of optimism and hope .:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Both...but day wins out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Day
    Wouldn't say I don't like the day. A sunny day will usually put me in good form!

I just prefer the dark!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'd love to be able to wake up at about 5pm and then got to bed about 9 am. You get the dawn, the dusk, the night and a goodly portion of the daylight that way

working for a living gets in the way though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭VIS VIRES

Day
    I prefer the dark,i like the silence thet the night brings....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I voted Atari DarkJager just so I could be the first! But I sometimes like staying up all night and day just to surf and chat to people in other time zones. That said Mrs Spider snores pretty loudly, so if I wake up before her I usually have to get up! But generally we go to bed about 2/3am and get up at about 10/11am. We always try to go for a siesta about 2:30/3:00pm til about 6pm, but when we have students staying we can't always do it! (Have a siesta that is!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Day
    Night wins...
    you can be away from the madding crowds, and have peace and quiet!
    Night ftw

Day
    DJ_Spider wrote: »
    I voted Atari DarkJager just so I could be the first! But I sometimes like staying up all night and day just to surf and chat to people in other time zones. That said Mrs Spider snores pretty loudly, so if I wake up before her I usually have to get up! But generally we go to bed about 2/3am and get up at about 10/11am. We always try to go for a siesta about 2:30/3:00pm til about 6pm, but when we have students staying we can't always do it! (Have a siesta that is!)

I LOLled!
    Night wins...
    you can be away from the madding crowds, and have peace and quiet!
    Night ftw

Nice to see I am not alone in my nightiness!

• Advertisement

Atari DarkJager
    SDooM wrote: »
    I LOLled!

Nice to see I am not alone in my nightiness!

Nope but I am alone in liking them equally lol:D

Edit:now I'm not:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Day
    Has to be night. I love the peace, the darkness, the cooler temperatures.

During the day I have to get up, talk to people and pretend to give a crap about stuff. :mad: And there's evil flamey cancer ball to put me in a bad mood.

I like Winter days but other than that, nighttime >>>> daytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Day
    I have been one acquainted with the night.
    I have walked out in rain -- and back in rain.
    I have outwalked the furthest city light.

I have looked down the saddest city lane.
    I have passed by the watchman on his beat
    And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.

I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet
    When far away an interrupted cry
    Came over houses from another street,

But not to call me back or say good-bye;
    And further still at an unearthly height,
    A luminary clock against the sky

Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.
    I have been one acquainted with the night.

Night definitely.

Day
    Ah Bobby Frost. I remember having to write many an essay about your work (ya bastard)

Acquainted With The Night was definitely my favourite poem of his. Didn't like any of the rest really (Preferred Plath myself! :))

Atari DarkJager
    Ah Bobby Frost. I remember having to write many an essay about your work (ya bastard)

Acquainted With The Night was definitely my favourite poem of his. Didn't like any of the rest really (Preferred Plath myself! :))

I really enjoy The Arrival of the Bee Box :)

Day
    I really enjoy The Arrival of the Bee Box :)

My favourite poem on the LC course was Elm.
    I didn't like Leaving Cert English, but that poem was fantastic I thought.

Atari DarkJager
    My favourite poem on the LC course was Elm.
    I didn't like Leaving Cert English, but that poem was fantastic I thought.

I like that poem aswell but I really lke hows she paints her state of mind in bee box:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

The night for me, dark, cool, less people around - perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Equally
    i love that poem. i'd forgotten i did it! i'm undecided really... i find it much easier to get out of bed on a hot sunny morning...i love night for the peace though. and hate day cos it means i have work. but i love days i dont have to work! basically i think i just hate work...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Day
    I think what you do during the day motivates everyone
    eg. If I was to say, constantly have bad nights, I'm sure I would equally detest them :D

• Advertisement

Equally
    yea i just hate working! i would gladly just stay in bed forever.

Atari DarkJager
    fonpokno wrote: »
    yea i just hate working! i would gladly just stay in bed forever.

I love that extra 10 mins you stay in bed for even if you miss breakfast:)

Day
    If you enjoyed it it wouldn't be work!

Equally
    i generally set my alarm half an hour before i'll actually get up and then contine to ignore it forever. and yes this is true.. but i'm still young and full of youthful ideals about enjoying life! i'm only working til i can go back to college which is over a year away whichi is ridiculously depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Day
    I think it'd be wrong ofme to even say equally. I don't have a major problem with days, but I really like the night. I haven't regularly been in bed before midnight since I was about 14. At home, I used to love bringing my dog for a walk around my housing estate at 1 or 2am. Nobody around, really quiet, nice and cool. And now that I work shifts, nights is probably my favourite. 10pm to 6am. Really quiet in work compared to days, nobody to annoy you. And I can do my night time walks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Day
    Night, sunlight burns, ohhh the burns!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Atari DarkJager
    It depends on the day and what mood I'm in.
    Daytime can be good for getting stuff done etc
    Nighttime can be good for going out having fun / staying in and ponderin things, going for moonlit walks etc...
    I've very bad night vision, and am scared of almost complete darkness but I can enjoy night time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Atari DarkJager
    I like them equally because there's things you can do in the day that you can't at night and vice-versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Atari DarkJager
    I like both. They both have their appeal. Day time is when most of my mates are awake and we do cool stuff, night time is quiet time when D reads and writes and works on his evil plans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Atari DarkJager
    star-pants wrote: »
    I've very bad night vision, and am scared of almost complete darkness but I can enjoy night time
    I'm the opposite. A big wooded area beside my place means i can get complete and total darkness when i want it at night time.

Being a country boy complete and total darkness is what i grew up with, and your shiney leccy lights confused me when i first moved into the cities.

Advertisement