Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel - VB

Options
  • 19-06-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭

There is probably a very simple way of doing this but I dont know how, and can't find it anywhere.

Im writing macros in excel that perform certain calculations using various books but at a certain point the user will have to enter their own data and this data is obtained at a certain webpage.

I am trying to put a link ,to said particular webpage, in a message box. So if you click on the link in the msgbox an internet explorer page will open up.

The other option is to just have this page open up at a particular point within the macro.

Sorry - Im new to VB!!:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Just use a confirm box and when the person clicks ok it opens the page.. if they click cancel, it doesnt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Raoul

yeah but you see I dont know how to actually make the page open up. If you know what I mean.

Like i can put www.google.ie in a msgbox but I cant get it to be a link.

And I don't know how to make a webpage open in the actual code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

In very rough VB
    If Confirm("Do you want to do web site) = vbYes Then
     ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="http://www.yahoo.com" 
    else
    'Do something else
    End if

Should do ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ginger wrote: »
    In very rough VB
    If Confirm("Do you want to do web site) = vbYes Then