Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Finance Software

• 19-06-2008 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭

I've been searching for something (web or desktop based) to organise my finances. Something where I can tell it my wages and loan repayments along with other expenses helping me to budget better. Mint.com looks really promising but it only works for people in the US. I've used Microsoft Money in the past but can't even remember if it's any good.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Post edited by Jim2007 on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Hey Burago. Did you get any update on this? I saw the mint application this morning, and it looked really usefull, but its not usuable in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I tried Quicken Home and Business but that is just for the US market. I need one for Ireland and UK too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 contextdesign

I've been looking for some software too and run into the same region issue.
    I contacted Quicken, I think you'll agree that this doesn't exactly solve the problem!!!!!!!

..........but this is the reply they sent:

".............Thank you for contacting Quicken Customer Care.

Conor, as I understand your issue, you want to purchase Quicken, and want to Euro currency in it.

I would like to inform you that, Quicken supports multiple currencies. It supports Euro. You can cha
    nge the home currency. Please follow the steps mentioned in the given link to change the home currency.

Answer Title: How do I change the home currency?
    Answer Link:
    https://quicken.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/quicken.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=6161&p_created=1187908474

If you are not from US, then you should have a US credit card and US address to purchase Quicken. So, I would suggest you to ask your friends or relatives to place the order for you..............................."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭BankMan

Excel works great for me !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

BankMan wrote: »
    Excel works great for me !

Me too! There are a number of budget templates with excel that should do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Nomad81

I'm currently looking to keep a closer eye on my finances and am looking for some recommendations for keeping track of the finances of Nomad81 plc. :)

I found MS Money to be too US-Centric and complicated. Also tried some freeware at some point, but found that it didn't do the job too well. Ended up giving up on the idea, but the credit crunch has got me thinking about this once more.

Does anyone know of any good options out there? Would be great if there's some Ireland-specific versions of it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 emmcd

Did anyone ever figure this one out? Have just discovered I can't find my old Ms Money disc after doing a custom install of Windows 7!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I use buxfer.com, there are some limitations on the free version which might not suit your needs, but I was able to work around them for my purposes (i.e max limit is 5 accounts, but I have other accounts represented as 'loans to friends', whose names are 'Xmas Savings Account',etc :)

I've also used moneytrackin.com, same idea, but i preferred buxfer's system, jsut seemed easier to use to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

It's a few years since the last response to this question and I'd like to ask - anyone able to recommend software or a spreadsheet template to build a financial planning model that is suitable for Ireland?

I'd like to plan income & expenditure for the next (say) 20 years, building in inflation & investment returns.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

This thread is not just a few years old, it's over a decade old and it is about personal accounting/budgeting not financial modelling.

If you want to do modelling use Excel or Python if you have a knack for programming.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement