Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does every body hate me? A defence of Shinji

Options
  • 19-06-2008 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

O.K. as I said earlier Shinji is my favourite N.G.E. charachter but no matter what anime site I check out everyone hates him. So heres your chance to pour vehement vitriol on poor old shinners.....that is to say shinji from N.G.E. not elderly impoverished sinn fein members:D

Hi...uuummm...my names Shinji Ikari....(I musnt runaway I musnt run away.) Everybody hates me....and they probably right as I hate myself...Im Worthless.Umm I just want to know why Im worthless...if thats o.k. with you. erm...thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

It's not that I hate him, he's only a fictional character after all.

But he's just portrayed as a selfish cowerdly vagina who can't make decisions because he's too caught up in his own day dreams of stupidedy.

Besides that he's great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

He had the chance to hit that with every female in the series yet in the end he only ended up kissing another dude and he is not gay as he proved by fapping to Asuka in her hospital bed. He was piloting a kikc ass robot yet cried all the time. He was fecking goo at one point. Whats to like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

He was ok, maybe a bit opinionated. I think he fell out with some members on this site and no longer posts here. Oh and he was on the Den!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=294

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

It's not that I hate him, he's only a fictional character after all.

But he's just portrayed as a selfish cowerdly vagina who can't make decisions because he's too caught up in his own day dreams of stupidedy.

Besides that he's great. :)

ha:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

yeah i understand where you're coming from, but you're talking in terms of loving or hating a character.

just cuz you hate a particular one doesn't mean that he/she is bad. it adds to your opinions on the show in question and, in my experience of NGE, makes the series more enjoyable and interesting.

i want to rip shinji's head off sometimes (mostly, for reasons aforementioned) but a character generating that response from me shows good characterization IMO (pokemon et al excluded!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I like him. He has evident flaws, but don't we all? A lot of people complain that he was 'too weak', and 'too much of a cry-baby', but if the situation were to arise where they were put in Shinji's position, I'm betting they'd act the exact same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Simon didn't in TTGL, and Naota didn't in FLCL. >.>

Shinji, as a character, actually ruins the show for me. I find it difficult to watch when he's on screen. Not that many of the other characters make it any easier to watch. >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I like him. He has evident flaws, but don't we all? A lot of people complain that he was 'too weak', and 'too much of a cry-baby', but if the situation were to arise where they were put in Shinji's position, I'm betting they'd act the exact same way.

I agree. I have nothing against the guy, he did act the same way as a tormented child soldier would in war. I say many people can relate to him. I found Shinji interesting and realistic.

This is the only Shinji I like at the moment.

Shinji Saito

owlwink wrote: »
    This is the only Shinji I like at the moment.

Shinji Saito

Wow:eek:. Impressive.

• Advertisement

Wow:eek:. Impressive.

Yeah looks like he kinda knows what he is doing...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

He should make a cool redundant weapon with that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

Shinji Ikari is a TOTAL BADASS.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

badass.jpg

Nice.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

badass.jpg

L.M.F.A.O.!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Shinji makes for a great anti-hero.

While were on the subject; does anybody know when part 2 of the Rebuild of EVA is out?

The guy wrote: »
    Shinji makes for a great anti-hero.
    The Anti_Hero. This might make for an interesting thread.:D

This is actually quite funny. I came across two web pages dedicated to Shinji last week "Be kind to Shinji" and "Reasons to like Shinji" http://www.geocities.com/tokyo/fuji/4907/bekindto.htm

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Bridge/7634/index.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement