Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet farms

Options
  • 19-06-2008 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Advice on pet farms in the Laois area suitable for children from 2 years till 8 years:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Tiger Weenie

mysticdew wrote: »
    Advice on pet farms in the Laois area suitable for children from 2 years till 8 years:cool:

new pet farm on the limerick road out of portlaoise on the way to mountrath. never been but supposed to be very good. any one gone yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Yep ~ keep their hands out of the animals mouths!! :D;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

You'll find some information about pet farms in this thread.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055306080

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

we were at lullymore in rathagan recently both loved it~ keep asking when we going back! they are 5&7 but there is stuff suitable for all age groups

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I see there is a sign up for one between Abbeyleix and Portlaoise. "Portlaoise Pet Farm" - must be a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Hi.
    My mother has a playschool in portlaoise and last week she organised a school trip to the new pet farm outside town. I was asked to come along because she needed a certain amount of adults per child. I will admit that i was skeptical before the visit but the place was fantastic.
    I really enjoyed it and so did the kids. The place is owned by a young couple and it is obvious to see that it is a real passion for them. I highly recommend it.
    It is located near the hollow church in ratheniska. Out of portlaoise towards mountrath a bout three mile and turn to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

Pet shop at a house in Garryhinch,Portarlington.Near the Golf Links,on the Mountmellick Road.I've heard that familys with young children were very well received and had a great time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 young mum

Portlaoise Pet farm is the most fantastic place for children was there today with my 2 children they didnt want to leave as they enjoyed seeing all the wonderful animals and playing in the playground.The farm is so clean and the animals are well cared for, there is also a coffee shop and indoor play area for smaller kids.I will be a regular visitor this summer as from next week its open tuesday-Sunday 12pm-6pm so I can pack up my picnic and head on over any time. Its out the limerick road from Portlaoise heading to Mountrath you cant miss the signs. Can I say anymore Ive found a little piece of paradise on my door step:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TheRealBoss

young mum wrote: »
    Portlaoise Pet farm is the most fantastic place for children was there today with my 2 children they didnt want to leave as they enjoyed seeing all the wonderful animals and playing in the playground.The farm is so clean and the animals are well cared for, there is also a coffee shop and indoor play area for smaller kids.I will be a regular visitor this summer as from next week its open tuesday-Sunday 12pm-6pm so I can pack up my picnic and head on over any time. Its out the limerick road from Portlaoise heading to Mountrath you cant miss the signs. Can I say anymore Ive found a little piece of paradise on my door step:):):)

How much does it cost ?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

I didnt actually pay but i seem to recall 6 euro per adult. Not sure though.

• Advertisement

It costs 7 euro per person but you can stay as long as you like plus they give a family discount we had 2 adults & 2 children as it was 25euro
    seems to be the going rate for pet farms as we have been at a few over the last few years all over the country

It is 7 euro per person but you can stay all day if you like.They also give family deals we had 2adults & 2 children and it was 25 euro.It seems to be the going rate for Pet Farms as we have been to a few over the last few years all over the country....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LorrieG

My cousin owns the pet farm and i tell yas a lot of hard work went into it and its worth the trip down to see it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jasmeister

Went here a couple of weeks ago with my 22 month old and my 9 year old neice. All of us were really impressed. What I liked most was that all of the animals seem very well cared for and seem to love people around them. There's also 2 great play areas for kids, one inside and a big sandpit outside with loads of toys. There's a nice coffee shop as well and the sandwiches were only €3. Did not take up the owners offer to pet the snakes tho! Would highly recommend it as a day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Adrian11

Portlaoise pet farm is a really great day out for all the family. I see they now have their own website at www.portlaoisepetfarm.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Really sorry to drag up such an old thread but does this still exist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

javagal wrote: »
    Really sorry to drag up such an old thread but does this still exist

No i dont think it does

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Closed down a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wearewebo

Hi, I have done some work with a new (under 1 year old) pet and adventure farm in Laois called Lisduff Adventure Farm, we created their website and other marketing material. Search for Lisduff Adventure Farm on the web and they have a Facebook page. The farm is located in Lisduff, Errill, Laois, short distance from the M7 and M8 motorway. Admission is €8 per child with adults free and under-1's free also. Restaurant for meals and coffee there as well. My own kids loved the Santa Train!

wearewebo wrote: »
    Hi, I have done some work with a new (under 1 year old) pet and adventure farm in Laois called Lisduff Adventure Farm, we created their website and other marketing material. Search for Lisduff Adventure Farm on the web and they have a Facebook page. The farm is located in Lisduff, Errill, Laois, short distance from the M7 and M8 motorway. Admission is €8 per child with adults free and under-1's free also. Restaurant for meals and coffee there as well. My own kids loved the Santa Train!

Just an update.
    We visited here. The indoor play area was good.
    The outdoor car parking area looked fairly rough im afraid. I know it's a 'farm " but first impressions and all that.
    The area around the duck pond could do with a clean up.
    On the day we were there there were 3 goats 3 pigs 2 sheep and 2 deer.
    No donkey or pony that day.

The website is very impressive and it would encourage anyone to visit.
    But the restaurant was poor in my opinion.
    The staff on the day could not make a coffee and I heard one saying to the other what is a latte?

It took 25 mins from ordering and paying for food for it to arrive and it was poor I'm afraid.

I was disappointed as I like to support local and see them doin well but the it didn't leave me wanting to go running back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

monflat wrote: »
    Just an update.
    We visited here. The indoor play area was good.
    The outdoor car parking area looked fairly rough im afraid. I know it's a 'farm " but first impressions and all that.
    The area around the duck pond could do with a clean up.
    On the day we were there there were 3 goats 3 pigs 2 sheep and 2 deer.
    No donkey or pony that day.

The website is very impressive and it would encourage anyone to visit.
    But the restaurant was poor in my opinion.
    The staff on the day could not make a coffee and I heard one saying to the other what is a latte?

It took 25 mins from ordering and paying for food for it to arrive and it was poor I'm afraid.

I was disappointed as I like to support local and see them doin well but the it didn't leave me wanting to go running back.

That's disappointing to hear. I'd seen a few articles focusing on them as a new business and the Laois Partnership investment angle & had hoped it had a USP to blow Lullymore Farm out of the water (nothing against Lullymore - it's a really good kids day out - just thought this one might have been great).

Yes it was disappointing.
    Maybe on a good day in the summer time it would be better there.

Advertisement