Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HURLEY FROM LOST IS IN WATERFORD!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

what's with the "Pics or it never happened" remarks?

it's definitely hurley (jorge garcia) in waterford.

i didn't see him in person but i did see a photo of him with 2 people, which was taken last night or this morning.

Jorge Garcia? I wonder if he's anything to the Ballybricken Garcias? probably looking for his roots.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

deise-lady wrote: »
    Jorge Garcia? I wonder if he's anything to the Ballybricken Garcias? probably looking for his roots.
    :D

Terry O'Quinn who plays Locke was on the Miriam O'Callaghan show this week and he does claim to have Waterford roots. Two actors from the same American tv show in the country at the same time, probably wasn't a coincidence :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

bluesfan wrote: »
    Terry O'Quinn who plays Locke was on the Miriam O'Callaghan show this week and he does claim to have Waterford roots. Two actors from the same American tv show in the country at the same time, probably wasn't a coincidence :D

Is that re-played at any time or on the net?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

He was most likely on his way to Youghal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I saw something in one of the papers yesterday about Terry O'Quinn taking part in a hugathon in Dublin for some charity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

These people come to Ireland because we having a reputation for not being impressed and just leaving the to it like normal people.

I guess Waterford is different then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Sully wrote: »
    Is that re-played at any time or on the net?

Don't know, someone in work is a big lost fan and was complaining because he'd missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

These people come to Ireland because we having a reputation for not being impressed and just leaving the to it like normal people.

A lot of Waterford people made fools of themselves by the sound of it. Getting your picture taken with a "star" does not make you cool.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

merlante wrote: »
    Getting your picture taken with a "star" does not make you cool.

Since when? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

since ever ..... Why would it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

At least since these girls did it. They don't seem cool.

ec18 wrote: »
    since ever ..... Why would it?

But but... Smoking and drinking is cool? Surely getting a pic taken with a star is even cooler?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nateireann

I would have liked to see him, I am a big fan of Lost, and I think that it is perfectly normal that people want to meet him, isn´t it? meeting him or getting pictures of him does make you cool to your friends eyes, at least I am pretty sure that they were going to dye of envy xD anyway, you know what you risk when you choose a career as a public character, it is not a big deal that someone ask for a picture with him, he owe his fame to people who see the tv series! I know that probably he would like to stay here quiet and relax but how can you avoid that your fans want to meet you? isn´t it good that people are interested in you in a nice way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

This isn't exclusive to Waterford.
    nateireann wrote: »
    he owe his fame to people who see the tv series!

I am sorry but that is bollocks. You could almost say that you owe him for entertaining you and should therfore leave him alone.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I am sorry but that is bollocks. You could almost say that you owe him for entertaining you and should therfore leave him alone.

(I had to look for the meaning of bollocks and I didn´t like it :( )Well, it was only my opinion. Anyway, he earns money because I see the tv series, that is to say he earns money for entertaining me so I don´t see anything wrong in wanting to have a picture with a person who earns money because of me. It is not that I am asking for taking 1 hour of his time, it is what? 30 seconds?

That would be all well and good if it was just one person but this carry on is never ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

nateireann wrote: »
    (I had to look for the meaning of bollocks and I didn´t like it :( )Well, it was only my opinion. Anyway, he earns money because I see the tv series, that is to say he earns money for entertaining me so I don´t see anything wrong in wanting to have a picture with a person who earns money because of me. It is not that I am asking for taking 1 hour of his time, it is what? 30 seconds?

So you don't mind if the people who pay your employers, who pay your wages, chase you constantly?

I think is different, I work, they pay me, end of the story. They see me everyday at work, and if they were fan of me, well, it would be very extrange given the kind of work I do, :D I wouldn´t have any problem if they wanted to have a picture with me.

seriously, don´t you understand that people who are really fan of a tv series, an actor, a singer, want to have a picture of him/her? I am not talking about anything else, only a picture! I can understand Jorge García, he wants to be alone and relax, but thinking as a fan, it is something gorgeous to have your idol in front of you, both of you, guys, think about your favourite music group or anything you love, wouldn´t you like to have a picture with them? seriously? come on... (if you are able to resist the temptation then I will be a big fan of you, which means that I will chase you to get my picture with you :D)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I think the fact that he agreed to any photos when he clearly wasn't in the humour says a lot about him. His post count over at The Fuselage is 3,800+, all from responding to questions/comments put to him since 2004. He's by far the most fan friendly of all the actors on the show; from what I've heard he almost never refuses autographs or photos.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

the other side of the coin is if you that big a fan you#'ll also respect a persons privacy and be happy enough just to have seen them in the flesh without the need to annoy them asking for photos etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

not worthy of a new thread, but i was just listening to an interview with terry o'quinn who plays locke, talking about his irish roots, he reckons his ancestors (mckillip family) are from waterford.

interview is here: http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/0624/lost.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Wow the way you are all going on about this is like this is the greatest thing to happen in waterford since the blaa. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

not worthy of a new thread, but i was just listening to an interview with terry o'quinn who plays locke, talking about his irish roots, he reckons his ancestors (mckillip family) are from waterford.

interview is here: http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/0624/lost.html
    listening to that, he doesn't seem to care at all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

stick-dan wrote: »
    Wow the way you are all going on about this is like this is the greatest thing to happen in waterford since the blaa. :D

Are you suggesting it isn't ????

:p

blue-army wrote: »
    listening to that, he doesn't seem to care at all :rolleyes:

TBF, although slightly interested I don't really care for where my family comes from either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Are you suggesting it isn't ????

:p

not at all kudos to waterford :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

sunnyse wrote: »
    It's a bit of a running joke that a guy lost on a desert island for 4 years and he hasn't lost an oz weight:D
    They do say coconut milk is very fattening tho:D

3 months actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ilovebeard

Jesus so what, Red Hurley comes to Waterford all the time I'v even seen him play a couple, whats so different now

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Ilovebeard wrote: »
    Jesus so what, Red Hurley comes to Waterford all the time I'v even seen him play a couple, whats so different now
    Who in the blue hell is Red Hurley??

• Advertisement

Ilovebeard wrote: »

Its not the same Hurley... If that post was serious. :p

Advertisement