Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike nicked

Options
  • 19-06-2008 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Another tail of woe. Bike nicked from the garage, locked.

Cannondale six13 58,
    Mavic Ksrium Equipe wheels, Ultegra brakeset, deraillers,
    FSA Carbon seatpost and Fizik Arione saddle.

If you catch wind of some f$%ker trying to offload it please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Sorry to hear, where abouts was it nicked, Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Manone

Drumcondra area. More than anything it's the sense of violation. Had only put 800miles on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

F*ck, sorry to hear that. The six13 is a lovely bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Sh1t man that's really bad. Bast*rds.

I'm a Six13 owner and am always on the lookout on the road for other cyclists of same so tell me the colour, year and anything unusual about the set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

That's sh1t man, nothing worse than to have your pride and joy nicked. Dunno if it's any use but maybe pop down to "Eileen the Fence" on North Circular Road? I've only ever heard of her, but since the house is in your area it might be worth a shot. She's mentioned about half way down on that article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

cunnins4 wrote: »

Thats a great story about looking for a stolen bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Manone

Interesting story alright and I'm hoping I might be able to spot it. Not a realistic chance I know.

Wouldn't mind I had left my commuter locked in town overnight and I was expecting it to be gone the next day, but it was actually cleaner when I got back due to all the rain :)

I'm trying to remember all the details of the bike. Funny how you spend hours looking at it in the saddle and the minute it's gone all you can remember is how much you miss it.

It did have an Elite cabon bottle cage to match the carbon downtube and a cheapo plastic Specialized bottle cage on the seat tube. Specialized saddle pouch. All removable I know. The seatpost had some scratches on it and Victoria Pro tires.

Cracking bike for hills. Now to start looking for a replacement....after a certain period of mourning and gathering the cash, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Can I ask how securely you had it locked in your garage?

What lock(s) were you using and how did they break them?

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I think that it is time for us all to take detailed photos of our bikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lilphich

I was talking to a guy in one of the bike stores on the canal (I think it's on the corner of Harolds Cross rd) and he was saying that kids have been offering him stolen bikes. They came out and told him that they had been stolen in Limerick. He threatened to call the gardai but they told him they'd put a brick through his window.

Your bikes might be on their way to another city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

daymobrew wrote: »
    For reminiscence.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

And post them on the Wiki

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Could start to amalgamate details of stolen bikes, locks, locations etc on the wiki. I dunno if it would really be of any use though.

And to ensure that we have house contents insurance that covers bike theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

62 euro extra on the house insurance for about 3 grand of bikes for myself this year, just in case you are curious of the costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

62 euro extra on the house insurance for about 3 grand of bikes for myself this year, just in case you are curious of the costs.

Mine was about 30 quid extra for a grand. Will have to add my new bike now too, but it's well worth it for the peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Free on our FBD home insurance for a ~€2000 bike. All risks too so it doesn't have to get nicked from the house to claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Verb wrote: »
    Could start to amalgamate details of stolen bikes, locks, locations etc on the wiki. I dunno if it would really be of any use though.

This is a basic thing that the Gardai and department of justice should do - something like this https://www.immobilise.com, but that would be too much to ask of them wouldn't it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

neilled wrote: »
    This is a basic thing that the Gardai and department of justice should do - something like this https://www.immobilise.com, but that would be too much to ask of them wouldn't it :(

It looks like immobilise.com is a private company which makes their data available to the UK police, so I'm not sure why you are beating up on the Gardai and Dept Justice. If you think there is a good business opportunity here, why don't you get it going yourself?

Or DataTag item which sounds similar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement