Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journalism with a language

Options
  • 19-06-2008 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hey, just looking for some advice, it's coming near to the end of my CAO change of mind! I done higher level Irish last year, got a C3, but done ordinary french and only got a B3. According to the website the course requires a HC3 in either french or Irish, which I've got the all clear on. However, I think I have more of an interest in developing my french than my irish, so was just wondering if the requirement is subject to which language I can pick, i.e. do I have to choose irish as I haven't got a HC3 in french? Also, are french and irish the only languages offered on this course? General feedback on the language section of the course is also appriciated! Sorry if this is hard to follow, thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 bistrosidecar

Ive just started this course.
    You choose which language you want to do when you get in to the course, nobody asks you what your results were, you just pick which one YOU want.
    You get into the course based on your Irish result (I dont think anyone would stop you doing the french if you wanted to do it)

From what Ive seen the language part starts with very basic stuff, I find it easy enough.

Advertisement