Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WD40's other uses

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Might all of these clever intuitive solutions be held withing the "2000 WD-40 Handbook" post earlier in this thread?:rolleyes:

Excellent video, MarkR. Best I've seen for a while!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

rubadub wrote: »
    It gets chewing gum out of clothes, I was surprised how well this worked, I sat on some that some bastard had left on a plastic chair. Might get chewing gum out of hair too.

Daughter got chewing gum on my jeans and t-shirt without me realising. It ended up all over the leather sofa, couldn't wipe it off. wd40 got it of my jeans, t-shirt and the sofa. Amazing stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

jaqian wrote: »
    rubadub wrote: »
    It gets chewing gum out of clothes, I was surprised how well this worked, I sat on some that some bastard had left on a plastic chair. Might get chewing gum out of hair too.

Daughter got chewing gum on my jeans and t-shirt without me realising. It ended up all over the leather sofa, couldn't wipe it off. wd40 got it of my jeans, t-shirt and the sofa. Amazing stuff :)

Also gets it out of hair as I discovered this morning :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Removes sticky residue from self-adhesive labels (on a rough rag ideally, e.g. old coarse dishcloth).
    It joined my post-shopping toolkit decades ago (scissors, knife, WD40). I was surprised not to find it in the 2000 uses (from the keyword search, anyway).

For the occasional residue that resists WD40 (or to be sure not to harm a plastic), isopropyl alcohol has always worked for me (it's sold for cleaning computer components & other electronics). It evaporates, no rinsing/drying needed (N.B. definitely not one to keep above the stove!).

WD40 keeping flies off animals sounds plausible - anyone done any trials with midges and humans?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

...the local 'biker gang' (bicycles) used too piss us off something terrible years ago, so as they played away in the arcade with their bikes outside my mate and I would spray a whole heap of WD-40 on the rims of their wheels:D

It has the opposite effect of what you might think - for some reason WD-40 makes the brake pads instantly stick to the rims....we'd be watching in stitches laughing as one-after-the-other they went over the handle-bars :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

One of the exceptions to using WD40 for cleaning, then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Use it on your car side mirrors and it stops spider webs forming.

Advertisement