Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard foam for padding flight cases.

Options
  • 19-06-2008 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking to where I could find a sheet of the hard foam that is used for padding the insides of flight cases. I have seen it in black from 1/2" to 1" thick. I have an old case I want to adapt for carrying a few spot lights and I don't want to spend a fortune on it. I believe you can cut this stuff easily with a hot knife. Dose anyone know in town that would supply it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Just in case Dublin Flight Case don't sell the foam on its own, there is an upholstery place on Capel Street at the Parnell Street end that has shelves of various densities of foam. You could give them a shot. If you have a scrap of what you need bring it in with you to show them. They could suggest somewhere else too I would imagine, if they don't stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Soundman, any chance for the name/google street view of that upholstery shop you mention please?

EDIT: Hmm, if it's this one, I think they are closed today since 14:00 :(

https://goo.gl/maps/2TQGC8JYrLo

if there's any others anyone knows that might be open around the city or south of the city today, please share!

Advertisement