Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TT Go 730 or 730T?

Options
  • 19-06-2008 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Am I right in assuming there is no advantage in the TMC Traffic adapter in Ireland?

I am about to purchase the 730 from dabs.ie and the 730T is approx €30 more expensive.

Should I stretch to the 730T or is it a waste?

The 730 is €327+€13.50 shipping on dabs.

If anyone has a better offer then that, let me know.

Really wanted the 930 but it's not worth the extra €100 or more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I purchased the TT720 a few months back and decided against the traffic option for the same reason. To my knowledge TT don's support Traffic in Ireland.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

There is no TMC in Ireland ..............Yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭jellybean520

Thanks guys. That's settled then. The only time I need to use it abroad is only a small few times per year and I think locations would not be traffic hot spots.

I believe all I am missing between the 730 and the 930T is the following;
    1. Dead-reckoning for continued coverage in tunnels and built up areas
    2. Remote Control
    3. The Traffic TMC facility

Is this all?

I think I can live without those when they add circa €120 to the price and especially as I hear that SatNavs in the very near future will be much more virtual 3D with 3D buildings in built up areas, clouds in the sky, nice representation of water, lakes, sea etc.

Advertisement