Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Deal? Or No Deal? Advice required!

Options
  • 19-06-2008 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

Currently have my car up for sale here for a little over a month now. Have had it for 18 months and loved driving it, big difference to the 316i! Main reason I am selling it is myself and herself are moving down the country so I'll be swapping the morning N11 run for the train. She'll be running a business from home but will be up and down to Dublin a few times a week so needs a more robust car than her 01 Fiat Punto. As I wont be driving all that much, and the only driving I'll be doing will be at the weekend on the N7/M50 I fancy a nice comfey luxobarge. Since turing 28 with 7 yr NCB insurance is buttons so I have my eye on either a '99/00 728i Sport/Audi A8 2.8 Sport. Not sure which yet but thats for another thread ;). The main priority is a new car for herself though. The choices are, from her side, surprise surprise, a Beetle or a Mini One/Cooper.

Initially had the BMW up for €9750 but with the market as it is and from reading some posts I dropped the price to €8695 to try and stim some interest. Got an equiry last week for a part ex, a 2001 3dr 1.6 Golf, service history NCT etc + €x,xxx. A good solid car which would fit the bill for herself. My question here is what is a fair delta for these two cars? An offer has been made but I thought I'd sense check it with your knowlegable selves! As I'll be using this differnetial + the sale of the Punto (Whats that worth its got 40k, NCT?) + a few bob to fund the luxobarge I'd like to read your opinons.

Comments

Advertisement