Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL BB Problem can I leave?

Options
  • 19-06-2008 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

I've been having a problem with ntl (6mb) broadband for the last week or 2. I've contacted NTL and when they test the line they say they can see the modem with no problem so there's no problem their end.

My problem is most evenings (for the past week or so) my internet connection gets so bad I cant even open google.ie! Keep trying it may open a few sites but then nothing. Like I say I called UPC (during the day) they tested whatever it is they test and it all worked out ok.

I've taken everything that might be the problem out of the equation (reinstalled PC, removed router so I'm directly connected to the modem) but still get the same crap.

I really don't want to go down the route, but I'd prefer to pay line rental and a broadband fee to get a reliable connection over this crap.

Has anyone come accross a situation like this? Im wondering is someone on the same line as me using a lot of bandwidth during at night so when NTL test during the day they cant see it? Surely they can see what happened at night?

Appreciate any advice, at worst I'll leave NTL but dont want to incur a fee for leaving my contract when its their fault!!

Thanks for any info
    gr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pinkcharlie

what time of night is your bb slowing down?
    had a similar situation not so long ago, it ended up being an area fault was resolved fairly quickly once they were aware of it. call them again and explain you are connecting directly to the modem, that you have tested over the last few nights and same story every night and fine again in the day.
    did you ask them could the run a test at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Went through same thing with perlico.Rang them about leaving said i would have to pay them off:oSo i rang regtell for advise and according to them broadband is not regulated for some strange reason.I was under impression contacts worked on both sides i.e they have to provide the customer with what they bought apparantley not!!!stupid really my issue with perlico was i was paying for 2mb bb only getting speeds of 1mb after weeks of complaints etc they suddenly realized they forgot to activate 2mb on my line

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭gerryR

Was going down most evenings round 10, the last 2 days it was down during the day as well. I rang again today while it was down and they were able to see there was a problem and said they'll have someone out Tue.

Its up at the min woohoo!

Thanks for the replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pinkcharlie

ya i was the same speeds used to slow down after tech support closes. they call you the day before the techician is due to check if it working so make sure you tell them its the same going down during the night and the weekend - sounds like it goes down when alot of people are on line and let the techician know that too, whats the bet it will be working when he calls? lol

Advertisement