Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croatia v Turkey

Options
  • 19-06-2008 11:08pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭

Anyone else going big on croatia?? I think they are dead certs, good solid team and turkey are missing a few. Only worry I would have is goalscoring ability but will overlook that I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Croatia -1 at 2.22 on Betfair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭RKDus

I think it's a reasonably safe bet, one concern I have about Turkey is the impressive strength they showed to come from behind against the Czechs, and the Croatians may put in a performance like they did against Switzerland.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

RKDus wrote: »
    and the Croatians may put in a performance like they did against Switzerland.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

No 'safe bets' left in this competition (IMO).

Croatia to win in extra time for me.....not betting on the match though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭RKDus

Leejo wrote: »
    :confused:

Sorry I meant Austria

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Gonna watch the 1st few minutes to see how it goes, but if it goes as I presume then yes I will be betting Croatia for a more than usual amount. While I respect the Turks comeback we have to remember that the Czechs are not a great team but even at that they should have been 5-0 up at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

There is part of me that can see Turkey winning this game. To make that happen they would need to repeat the second half performance of last week. If Croatia have an off day, e.g. Austria game then I think they are very vulnerable and while they should win the 4/1 on Turkey in 90mins is worth a couple of quid as in my view they should only be half those odds at the very most.

kenco wrote: »
    There is part of me that can see Turkey winning this game. To make that happen they would need to repeat the second half performance of last week. If Croatia have an off day, e.g. Austria game then I think they are very vulnerable and while they should win the 4/1 on Turkey in 90mins is worth a couple of quid as in my view they should only be half those odds at the very most.

Can't disagree with this ....just hope the Croats do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'm going to have a little wager on the Turks over 90 too.

Expect some suprises at these latter stages of the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

say it will be tight . but turkey are missing the goalie etc ..
    read here
    http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=743028

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

croatia for me, why is everyone saying they were crap against austria - that was there 2nd team????

croatia to win it well by 2 goals

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

AdrianII wrote: »
    croatia for me, why is everyone saying they were crap against austria - that was there 2nd team????

croatia to win it well by 2 goals

That was their first game in the group against Austria. Bad opener for them but they've sorted it since it would appear.

I wouldn't agree that Croatia are certs (a 5/6 cert?) but at that price or so i can understand why some may want to back them.

I'm not backing either way to tell the truth. Just going to enjoy the game. Croatia to win by one @ 11/4 with Corals is what i would do if i was going with the Croats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Why is everyone so sure about Croatia?? While they beat Germany by two goals, Germany easily could have scored and probably should have. Croatia are lucky that Klose is not having a great goal scoring tournament.

I will be having a sneaky 5euro on the Turks.

Love the Croatian National Anthem, hope to hear more of it !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

cmon u croats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I have €500 on Croatia to qualify at 4/9. I think it was a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The Turks have that Kazim-Richards lad playing up front. I'd be happy with your bet with him on the field. He's useless. Their back-up keeper looks dodgy too.

I've put my money where my pre-tourney mouth was as well. I went for the 5/6 in normal time

dsmythy wrote: »
    The Turks have that Kazim-Richards lad playing up front. I'd be happy with your bet with him on the field. He's useless. Their back-up keeper looks dodgy too.

That's what i was thinking , but my god haven't Turkey come storming out of the traps. Croatia just need a bit more composure , still sweating writing this.

Culchie wrote: »
    I've put my money where my pre-tourney mouth was as well. I went for the 5/6 in normal time

May I ask how much , because obviously this would make all the difference.

• Advertisement

€130

Very untypical of me ....but wtf......It's Friday.

€130

Well then in that case , of course i think that your bet is good value for the money.

€130

Just in case you might not be aware of this site is great for seeing where the best prices are.

Well I'm regretting the multiple bets I made on Croatia in the 1st 10 minutes. Another Austria performance for sure. I don't think Turkey are a great side but Croatia are doing their nervy, no movement, no short passing trick again. Modric anonymous again, which as a Spurs fan is doubly annoying. Hoping for one brief moment of magic like the Modric run earlier for Croatia to take it home 1-0. Could do without losing the bets in case it affects my confidence for tomorrow where I hope to be betting big.

hotspur wrote: »
    Well I'm regretting the multiple bets I made on Croatia in the 1st 10 minutes. Another Austria performance for sure. I don't think Turkey are a great side but Croatia are doing their nervy, no movement, no short passing trick again. Modric anonymous again, which as a Spurs fan is doubly annoying. Hoping for one brief moment of magic like the Modric run earlier for Croatia to take it home 1-0. Could do without losing the bets in case it affects my confidence for tomorrow where I hope to be betting big.

Bilic will get them going 2nd half, keep the faith.:confused:

Bilic will get them going 2nd half, keep the faith.:confused:

We're all hoping so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

This is on a knife edge. If Turkey score first it may be game over. Croatia not clicking yet but we all know they can. This could well be 0-0

We should all add up what we have placed on Croatia to win this match see what action is involved in this thread :)

Peno on the way for Croatia methinks.

• Advertisement

Stephen you don't have to worry as much, you have way more time for Croatia to do it for you. I'm a few minutes away from backing 0-0.

Advertisement