Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croatia v Turkey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

hotspur wrote: »
    Stephen you don't have to worry as much, you have way more time for Croatia to do it for you. I'm a few minutes away from backing 0-0.

You thinking of covering your bet ? I'm so happy i didn't go for the FT odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Just in case you might not be aware of this site is great for seeing where the best prices are.

Oddschecker is a bit crap to be honest. It plots every market fine but it doesn't update the info automatically so you're often not getting the most up to date prices. If they sorted this out, it would be the business because it is all encompassing in what it plots. bestbetting.com is my site of choice at the moment, it updates price changes very quickly.

pwhite587 wrote: »
    Oddschecker is a bit crap to be honest. It plots every market fine but it doesn't update the info automatically so you're often not getting the most up to date prices. If they sorted this out, it would be the business because it is all encompassing in what it plots. bestbetting.com is my site of choice at the moment, it updates price changes very quickly.

Cheers for that , didnt know about that site . Actually getting a good sweat here for the money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

F*** you Rustu! Decided just to take the loss. See what I can do in extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

ah well, should stick to the golf betting, it's far easier picking a winner from 140 runners than this fussball.

Still hope the Croats go through for my pre tourney dosh.

• Advertisement

Culchie wrote: »
    ah well, should stick to the golf betting, it's far easier picking a winner from 140 runners than this fussball.

Still hope the Croats go through for my pre tourney dosh.

I dont know its heads or tails at this stage really , ****ing sweating :D

I dont know its heads or tails at this stage really , ****ing sweating :D

You can easily buy Turkey to go through at a decent price. I must be getting desperate as I've just backed Srna to score 1st at 16/1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

i went for first team to score in extra time - croatia at 3/1

Anyone to buy a bet :D

Anyone to buy a bet :D

Your bet includes penalties as well?

If so, you can't sell ....you'll have to watch it from behind the sofa....be brave young grasshopper.

• Advertisement

Your bet includes penalties as well?

If so, you can't sell ....you'll have to watch it from behind the sofa....be brave young grasshopper.

I know i have the towel over my face while writing this :P

Delighted for you Stephen :) Last time I back the c***s though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Wooop HRVATSKA!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

OMG!

OMFG!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Fricken nuts!!!

ouch

Was on the verge of congratulating all those with a few quid on the Croats......then.......hell of a response from Turkey.

Toss of a coin now but hope it works out for the lads who have invested here

stephen, stephen .... talk to me ..... stay with us

# paddy power special

Money-Back Special
    If you back a team to win in 90 minutes and they qualify after a Penalty Shootout Paddy Power will refund all win-draw-win bets on that team only.

• Advertisement

there goes my bet and any hope of that paddy power refund

erm .... Turkey's not in Europe is it?

Russia for the hat trick of underdogs tomorrow???

Germany should stroll into the final now as that really was Turkeys final. Very hard luck lads as in the normal course of events you would be counting the cash but fair dues to Turkey. Pity they have so many injuries....

Anyone think it's weird that I got Turkey to win when Croatia missed their 2nd peno at 2/7? I haven't worked it out yet but it strikes me as being generous. Still a big loser on the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Raoul wrote: »
    Why is everyone so sure about Croatia?? While they beat Germany by two goals, Germany easily could have scored and probably should have. Croatia are lucky that Klose is not having a great goal scoring tournament.

I will be having a sneaky 5euro on the Turks.

5 euro back on PaddyPower at least. Woo. Still up 70 quid so far for the euros. Put 5 euro on every match just to make them interesting. So can't complain.

erm .... Turkey's not in Europe is it?

Neither is Israel but they still played in the qualifier. There is certain rules that qualify some countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭cabinteelytom

Turkey had second longest odds to win(only Austria had longer) before the tournament started, 66-1.

I have never won and lost 700 that quick before

hotspur wrote: »
    Anyone think it's weird that I got Turkey to win when Croatia missed their 2nd peno at 2/7? I haven't worked it out yet but it strikes me as being generous. Still a big loser on the game though.

As big as me ?

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    5 euro back on PaddyPower at least. Woo. Still up 70 quid so far for the euros. Put 5 euro on every match just to make them interesting. So can't complain.

Anybody get a refund from this game?? I thought I was meant to but I didnt get any.

Here is my bet:

Selection Selection Details Result
    1 Football Matches Lose
    Euro 2008 Matches
    Croatia v Turkey - Vienna
    20th of Jun 2008 7:45 pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Turkey @ 4 - 1

Should I not have got my 5 euro back??:mad:

Advertisement