Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless mobile broadband in a hospital and high up

Options
  • 19-06-2008 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Hi,

have a relative going in and out of hospital for a couple of days at a time; really taking its toll and having internets would help a lot.

Anyone have any experience specifically of the wireless modems high up in vincents hospital? Or other high-up locations around the place...does that matter at all?

Mobile phones are tolerated in the wards - so i cant see why a data modem would not be allowed - that sound right?

Any and all experiences / help / advice appreciated. I'm very conscious of the 3 monster thread above, but i'd prefer to go with their pay-as-you-go option because i dont want a contract as this is [god i hope] a short term problem.

I'm right in thinking that the majority in the dublin area are getting some connectivity - speed isn't really an issue for this guy, a page loading in a minute is better than no email no news and just the radio or the common tv room all day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭caoimhemo

Why not just go for the O2 one on the 30 day trial ?
    Hopefully your relative wouldnt be in hospital that long and then you can cancel and get a refund

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

30 Day trail for O2 seems like best option, either that or Pay As You Go Three option, depends which works in the area really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Went with the 3 pay as you go, working very well so far so fingers crossed.

Thanks for the advice.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

that was quick, hope it works out for you

Advertisement