Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"I can't go to the club cos I can't drink tonight"

• 20-06-2008 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭

No not my words but the words of a friend of mine...

I told him I don't understand because whenever I go to this particular club (Freakscene in Cork) with a group of friends including him, I never drink because I don't drink.

He goes to this club every week almost without fail so I always thought that to him it was more than just the drink that made the night for him but it seems not.

He's on medication this week so he can't drink and so told me he wouldn't be going out (neither was I). I found it really weird that his whole night depended on the drink despite his love of this club in particular.

Typing this post now, it is striking me as less and less weird but anyway I thought I'd share it up here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

I was in a pub last night in Limerick called Nancy Blake's and it was wall to wall and very uncomfortable, but primarily extremely boring unless of course you had a pint of anti boredom juice in your hand which I didn't. I didn't stay long as there was nothing enjoyable about the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

ugh i know how you feel! i was at work today and this guy was saying that he only dances when he's drinking and he kinda went going on! ugh! i felt like saying there is more to life than drink!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Fabio

That's what I said to my buddy...I said "but you always go there, surely you have found more to the place than just drink" u[pon which he said it woulnd't be the same.

He then said "I know you do it but it' not as much fun" which on reflection is a fair enough point but at the time I almost took offense cos of the way he said it. It was as if I was being made out to be a right bore which I know I am not (when I want to be haha!) and have actually been told before by another friend that "I'm the coolest sober person she knows"(said at a 21st party).

I dunno...mountain out a mole hill here is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

yeah i hate the way people think your boring when you dont drink!! At least we can dance all night if we want too!

yeah i wouldn't take offence, some people are just stuck in their ways. Aslong as you dont believe your boring well that is all that matters. : )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

geminilady wrote: »
    yeah i hate the way people think your boring when you dont drink!! At least we can dance all night if we want too!

I love love love dancing especially when i am not drinking!i hardly ever drink, i better clear up now......

I've been told im confident when i dont' drink which i personally don't see. like all ye i hate the way people class us boring cause we are non drinkers or very occassional drinkers! it annoys me so much... but i know im not paranoid when im sober which is an almighty bonus!!!:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Sure Freakscene is CLASS, you'd be grand sober there! Maybe he's one of those people who's debilitatingly shy when they find themselves sober and in a social setting? I'm one of them :(

Advertisement