Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics and Business Organisation

Options
  • 20-06-2008 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Are economics and business organisation very similar to each other? Is there much maths involved in either of them or any accountancy involved with either of them? I'm considering taking the 2 of them in 5th year along with either History or Religion, I'm brilliant at theory in business but probably will only get a B in the Junior because of the accounting..

Thanks for any help...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I don't do business, but I'm certain that there is no accounting in it.
    I do economics, and let me tell you that it is a lovely subject.
    It's almost impossible to fail as most of it is common sense.
    Feck, if you watch the news, you could get a D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 NKJCPM

Haha thanks thats brilliant, basically all I needed to know, I'm guessing I'll be good at economics so!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Did both business and economics. Business is all the boring stuff, eg employment laws, management and orgainisation ect. Economics is more interesting, international trade, market structures ect. If I had to chose between themI would do economics

I'm thinking of doing the both of them and then I can do LCVP which will cancel out whatever I get in Irish I hope...

Btw I'm hoping to get 455 points in the leaving, judging from what some people get I'm guessing that I can get over 500

I was just wondering would there be any point in doing LCVP?

I'll probably do ordinary Irish, I don't know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Hey, i did all 3 subjects and must say from all 3.. i absolutely loved accounting, until the actual lc paper :D
    but since we only discussing bus. and econ. here i go -

in business, there is a tiny bit of acc involved, unit 4 i think.. you basicly just have to know a lil bit of basics and some ratios... there is although a big choice of qs in the paper so you can skip that if you wish :)

Economics was also nice, it was a bit hard of getting used to the exam style qs, but i must agree that its a bit better than business.

there are many topics that are similar between business and economics.. and i must say it did help me a lot during the year.

good luck in making a choice

Advertisement