Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls night out

Options
  • 20-06-2008 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

Right, so today i met up with a few girlfriends and we went shopping(Zara-crazy sale) and then off for coffee in Temple bar and the Morgan hotel for drinks and food. I have to say i am very happy, gossiped about the men(or lack of for some of us:)), sex, shoes, bags, sale(especially BT this weekend) and everything under the planet. I am not a girly girl and i don't hang out with the girls often but that was really good.
    No bitching! Suited me fine :D

So ladies how often do you hang out with your female friends, what do you talk about, where do you go....
    Some women have more male friends than female friends, do you miss the girly talk?

Please share:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

That sounds like my ideal girly day...

Havent had one in a long time mind, lately we have girly nights:

PLanned a night out
    All met at one place together and get ready
    Get bottle of wine/bottle of vodka :D
    Gossiped about everything, as we get drunker we talk about everything and anything (and are not shy to!) and just generally enjoy each others company
    We then head straight to the club, start with coctails and just dance..all fricken night, not caring about men or scoring we hang around together..or the singles may get a cheeky kiss, we are not oout to score or anything
    :D
    I love doing this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Right, so today i met up with a few girlfriends and we went shopping(Zara-crazy sale) and then off for coffee in Temple bar and the Morgan hotel for drinks and food. I have to say i am very happy, gossiped about the men(or lack of for some of us:)), sex, shoes, bags, sale(especially BT this weekend) and everything under the planet. I am not a girly girl and i don't hang out with the girls often but that was really good.
    No bitching! Suited me fine :D

So ladies how often do you hang out with your female friends, what do you talk about, where do you go....
    Some women have more male friends than female friends, do you miss the girly talk?

Please share:)
    And yet people wonder why girls tend to like SATC whereas lads don't....
    Your day sounds just like an episode of it.:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I have two female friends, I haven't seen either of them in months. I don't think we ever had a girly night out when we did meet up.

There are no women where I work, just me. And 30 blokes.

What's a Zara? What's a SATC? Shoes - like...safety boots?
    My bag is used cos I can fit everything into it - phone, keys, cigs, ducti wallet, screwdriver, and..a...a..thingy...for...opening things. (Yes that's the technical term) amongst other stuff.

Oh god :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Silverfish wrote: »
    I have two female friends, I haven't seen either of them in months. I don't think we ever had a girly night out when we did meet up.

There are no women where I work, just me. And 30 blokes.

What's a Zara? What's a SATC? Shoes - like...safety boots?
    My bag is used cos I can fit everything into it - phone, keys, cigs, ducti wallet, screwdriver, and..a...a..thingy...for...opening things. (Yes that's the technical term) amongst other stuff.

Oh god :(

your an engineer aren't you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

jsb wrote: »
    your an engineer aren't you:D

Hey! Don't stereotype us!:p I'm a engineer, worse a male:eek:, and even I'm aware of what these things are, have nothing to do with them, but I'm aware of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Silverfish wrote: »
    I don't think we ever had a girly night out when we did meet up.

You're not alone silverfish.
    I have never done a girly night out, nor would I want to. It would probably scare the bejeezus outta me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

I have loads of female friends but only one who I can have a really girly night with. We stay in and we talk about brazilian waxes, toenails, shoes, SATC, make up, cocktails, nail varnish, fit blokes, and the pill for around five minutes. By then I've lost the will to live and usually break down so we open some wine and watch the late late show:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I have a close knit group of 8 girls. All friends since either junior infants or first year in secondary school. We meet up pretty regularly and talk about EVERYTHING. We learn a lot from each other, particularly when it comes to men. The more the alcohol flows the more we get into the gorey details of things. We're pretty good at making time for each other, go for dinner to each others houses and stay in for the night with bottles of wine and vodka, we get dolled up and go into town (although that has become less frequent as we're getting too old and lazy), we go to the cinema. I love them, they are my world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

farohar wrote: »
    And yet people wonder why girls tend to like SATC whereas lads don't....
    Your day sounds just like an episode of it.:D

Hehehehe, i knew someone would say that

Ah well, i needed it considering the BS i have been through lately

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

When i get together with my girlfriends, all we talk about are teething, toilet training, school plays, the price of school uniforms and books

except for one friend, whom i am meeting tonight and we will be talking about guns, the UN, rapes, murders and big spiders, body guards and armoured cars

• Advertisement

irishbird wrote: »
    When i get together with my girlfriends, all we talk about are teething, toilet training, school plays, the price of school uniforms and books

ugh I dread that day, those conversations should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I have never in my life had a girly night, nor would I want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I love girly nights - one of my groups of friends is a group of three awesome women. I cut hair and dye hair for fun so when we get together I usually give everyone a new hair cut, then we have a bottle of wine and a takeaway and talk about how we are. We might watch a movie too. These nights are really warm and intimate, I look forward to them a lot.

I have another friend with whom I like to go out for dinner and wine, and then either hit a club for some dancing, or hit a late bar like O'Sullivans for some g&ts and a good sing-song! Sometimes we invite others along with us, sometimes we like to be by ourselves.

It's all about the chatting for me!

Cathooo wrote: »

Why, dont you want to know about the things that are important in your friends lives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I don't do girls nights out. I just do nights out. I have a few girl friends, but none of them are girly. Some girly topics may appear briefly in our conversations but quickly get taken over again by our crudeness.

isnt a girlie night, a night when two or more girls turn up and have a few beers and a bit of a chat?

or is it completely something else?

cos, i notice a few people are saying they arent girly girls so would never have a girls night out.

In that case, neither i have. me and friends wouldnt be talking about shoes, and make but we would be talking about things that are important to us like the aforesaid children and war zones

Why, dont you want to know about the things that are important in your friends lives?

Of course I do, my friends and I don't have any babies yet so it's not an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

isnt a girlie night, a night when two or more girls turn up and have a few beers and a bit of a chat?

Well I guess you are right in that sense. I suppose I was just stereotyping what a girly night out is and comparing it to me and my friends. But we don't set aside special no men nights for ourselves. If anyone elso wants to come along, thats fine. More the merrier is always my motto when having a few drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I don't really do 'girly nites out' either, although I do meet up with female friends for drinks (usually singly).

I recently moved in with two very girly girls though. They got a romantic dvd out one night this week and we had popcorn and watched it. It was a bit of a shock to the system-I absolutely hate romantic comedies :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one here thats not a girly girl!:):), coz sometimes I really feel like I am! Especially when I am at work and all I hear from my females co-workers at break times is about mags, soaps, men, fashion, etc, etc....... really makes me feel so outta place and as for a night out with them I just couldn't do it - its all dolled up all the time - dresses and high heels, just couldn't roll up with a pair of jeans on so hence never go out with them which is a pity really but i just wouldn't fit in! Thankfully some of my girl friends at home are fellow minded and I can go out with them for a relaxin night out (usually in an old mans bar!!).:D

WindSock wrote: »
    Well I guess you are right in that sense. I suppose I was just stereotyping what a girly night out is and comparing it to me and my friends. But we don't set aside special no men nights for ourselves. If anyone elso wants to come along, thats fine. More the merrier is always my motto when having a few drinks.

they are my nights out, as well but i wouldnt be in getting all dressed up in heels and going for cocktails and giggling about men and new lip sticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Cathooo wrote: »

Depends on where you are in your life surely? It won't be Ugh when all those things are important to you.
    MIN2511 wrote: »
    Hehehehe, i knew someone would say that

Ah well, i needed it considering the BS i have been through lately

I hope your BS is just regular BS and not serious BS MIN, good luck with whatever type it is though.......:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Beruthiel wrote: »
    You're not alone silverfish.
    I have never done a girly night out, nor would I want to. It would probably scare the bejeezus outta me.
    Really? All it is is spending time in female company.

One of my favourite things to do is get pissed with two female friends in particular, sometimes a few other girls come along but it's usually just the three of us. It's not an "exclude the men" night or anything, and we certainly don't discuss shoes and celebs and all that shyte. Plus it's always in Tom Barry's in Barrack Street, Cork if anyone here knows it (as far from a cocktail bar as you could get, and there's no excessive dollying up of ourselves). But I don't know, there's something about those few hours of female bonding that's just... really great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

We (usually about 6-10 of us) tend to get together and do tea in either someone's house or Léon in town. We discuss tea, coffee, and cake.

So much cake.

Man we're such fatties :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Had a girls night last night, went around to her new place they had a few bottle of wine, i was drinking 7up we talked about.. prices of rent and buying, mooncups, men, diy, work, cars, working for ones self, the garda... one of them is a garda, movies, going out v's staying in. Then her very drunk other half came home and fell asleep on the couch.. we laughed at him and left. We don't do the typical girls night, tonails, face creams stuff, we talk about what is important in our lives or what interests us.

Advertisement