Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ichi the Killer

• 20-06-2008 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

About 2 years ago I watched the live action and I really enjoyed it. Thought I would check out the anime due to the movie catching my attention. To be honest I really didn't enjoy it. The cover claims it is "anime at its most extreme". This I would not agree with. My adviceis to stay away and if in Tower Records don't let its cheap price sway you :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

boo urns :(

i loved the movie and was thinking of picking up the anime, thanks for the warning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

boo urns :(

i loved the movie and was thinking of picking up the anime, thanks for the warning

No probs.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

thats pretty intresting the movie is crazy , so dont bother with the anime was going to get the anime version tomorrow ,

Gatling wrote: »
    thats pretty intresting the movie is crazy , so dont bother with the anime was going to get the anime version tomorrow ,

Well if you do let me know what you made of it, though Iwouldn't advise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I bought the movie and anime in a special edition about 2 years ago (got ripped off by HMV for 59 quid!) but still havent got round to watching the anime. Loved the film though - crazy stuff.

• Advertisement

fitz0 wrote: »
    I bought the movie and anime in a special edition about 2 years ago (got ripped off by HMV for 59 quid!) but still havent got round to watching the anime. Loved the film though - crazy stuff.

Damn special editions :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Always so tempting
    Always so expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Yep so tempting. I always give in when I hear "extra content" or "directers cut" :o I got teh 5 disc Bladerunner edition because it had 5 versions of the same movie!

fitz0 wrote: »
    Yep so tempting. I always give in when I hear "extra content" or "directers cut" :o I got teh 5 disc Bladerunner edition because it had 5 versions of the same movie!

I have lots of dvds with other versions. You never really get around to watching them all,,:(:(:(:(

Though Iam impulsive when it comes to buying them, that might be the problem....

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

Does anyone know if you can still get a special edition of it anywhere in Dublin, I have the single disk version but its cut ...which is so sad ...I dont mind if it doesnt have the cartoon version but I would love the uncut one and have been searching for ages!!!

Does anyone know if you can still get a special edition of it anywhere in Dublin, I have the single disk version but its cut ...which is so sad ...I dont mind if it doesnt have the cartoon version but I would love the uncut one and have been searching for ages!!!

You're going to have to import it, any edition sold here is going to be cut and that said I'm pretty sure the IFCO never classified the film and as such stores can't stick it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

theres an echo in here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 piperurhy

owlwink wrote: »
    About 2 years ago I watched the live action and I really enjoyed it. Thought I would check out the anime due to the movie catching my attention. To be honest I really didn't enjoy it. The cover claims it is "anime at its most extreme". This I would not agree with. My adviceis to stay away and if in Tower Records don't let its cheap price sway you :D
    Yeah,i also like it.track.php?u=2

Advertisement