Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating

Options
  • 20-06-2008 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but........... im finished school a few years now, and have my degree. i was thinking about doing primary school teaching.
    only, i dont have hons Irish.
    whats the story with repeating just one subject or can you do that?how does that effect your other old results. is there anyway around it, doing primary school teaching and not having hons irish???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭diddley

Ya, u can repeat just one subject. You'll still have your original LC points, but you'll also have the Irish requirement.
    :)
    Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭horsecrap

ah thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

You do it as an external candidate, studying on your own or getting a grinds class.
    You apply to sit the exam yourself & it's up to you go organise a centre to sit the written & oral exam in.
    If you're repeating, do it this year as the syllabus is changing for the 2010 exams.

You can study a post grad in the UK without Irish. You would then have 5 years to pass soem Irish equivalency exams (SCG), but would be teaching during that time.
    To study in Ireland, you must have an Irish qualification.
    Either the honours Irish, or Irish as a subject in the 1st yr of your college degree.

Each of the colleges give a list of their entry requirements, just google them, but that's it in a nut shell.
    Oh, & your degree must me an Honours Level 8 degree. Check with your college that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i did that with maths this year.failed it last year so i went back to my school in september and they organised everything for me.they sent everything in to the SEC, who then sent everything out to me to fill in (all my details and stuff)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭horsecrap

thanks for the replys, yes its a hons level 8 degree, just need my hons irish. going to contact the local school, and st.pats college in dublin about applying for a place next year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement