Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet up?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Mind if I turn up?

Where's good for parking at that time, need to be home for work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Mind if I turn up?

Yeah course, the more the merrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

ClioV6 wrote: »

Best bet would probably be to head to that late night car park between George's Street Arcade and the back of Brown Thomas - on the corner of Drury Street and Exchequer Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

I'll be there by 6 at the latest this evening. I'll head upstairs. I might get there for 5:30 so if I'm first I'll leave the deck out. If not, I brought in the tail coat (Haven't worn this in a while :D) and I'll be in that, blue jeans and a white shirt.

See you folks soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

only just saw this here now

i think im in work till 6, i dunno weather to try get into this, mixed with the fact im not even sure where the Oval is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Hackett

see you there boyz

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Best of luck with the meet-up lads! Enjoy! I wonder how many of you will disappear when it's your round?

Ba-dum tish, I made a funny!
    Not that funny I suppose but enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Not gonna make it I'm afriad..

Have fun anyway guys! hope there's a good one in it for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

So how did this go? Did you plan to over throw the system and kidnap r3nu4l and myself?

how come you didnt show

and bigslick, where the hell where you??????? you STARTED the thread!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I was surprised there wasn't any photos up here this morning... :)

Being in the UK sucks when it comes to boards beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

So, would this work as a monthly thing?
    What do people think?

Well tell us how it went first? As I said I was always only a maybe, babies make it hard to get out mst nights :(

Twas a good night.
    Tricks were done, heads were turned, stories were traded.

I'd be well for a monthly do.

it went grand, 6 people showed up, myself and hackett probably the most proficient out of the 6, popinjay is more into illusions and stage items, so hard to do such in a pub, but the others 3 would fall into the interested in learning category

Myself and Hackett did a couple of tricks, explained a few and chatted magic over a few beers, relatively successful though if there was more people capable of showing and explaining some cool tricks moves etc etc it might be even better as myself and hackett would be limited magicians with little to teach as such.

that said i think from the stuff myself and hackett tought the newbies of kind definitely must have left with some new cool stuff to play with . so i would definitely call it a success for learning and spreading the art.

A turn out of 6 for a first beers of a newish forum is actually pretty good. Build it and they will come :)

It definitely wasnt a bad showing and everyone was really nice and approachable and talkative, so it was defintiely worth trekking in, despite the rain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

6th wrote: »
    Well tell us how it went first? As I said I was always only a maybe, babies make it hard to get out mst nights :(

You're a big enough guy, I can't really see a baby stopping, christ I'dhave trouble stopping you!!!

Have to say it was very interesting, had a few tricks explained. Sound bunch of lad's. I think the weather was a factor in people not coming, it was definitely a factor in me leaving early. Great to put a few faces to names also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

id av loved to av gone, but im all the way down in Limerick. sounds good lads! 6 is a good number for a start, the limerick forum only got 3 on their last 2 outings!

Sorry i couldnt make it guys, was in the emergency room after splitting my leg open falling down some stone steps. 12 stitches later and some painkillers and im fine.

Will DEFO be there for next one!!!

• Advertisement

bigslick, is that KEN???

i.e. ken from the bankers meeting, the swan, the savage vanish?
    if so, nice to see your back into magic

bigslick, is that KEN???

i.e. ken from the bankers meeting, the swan, the savage vanish?
    if so, nice to see your back into magic

No im not Ken, but i am familiar with the above mentioned things. Went to Bankers meeting few times and have seen savage vanish performed. I vaguely recognise ur username as well, visualtrickery?

yeah i used to run visualtrickery.com with tom quigley

ken used to use that nickname, wierd you would use the same, sorry it just confused me

were at the bankers meetings? now im trying to figure out who you are

the bankers was mainly

Tom
    Me
    Ken
    Paul
    Owen
    Gary

sometimes
    Jin

well i only went to few, knew owen abit, thats how got into the bankers meeting, but because of college left magic for while. Doubt he remembers me now thou, so dunno if you would either. Think went to like 2 or 3 meetings.

Know one guy who i havent talked to in while, never met him but think found him on visualtrickery, wont put his email addy up here but he uses nickname on msn Dr.Phil.

Anyway im hoping to get back more into magic now, have realised am bit rusty but hope to sharpen up now as i have less academic committments

Yeah phil was from some other county i think, tried to do an underground card magicians forum, that failed horribly, but go figure i mean so did visualtrickery and we wernt even hiding the place.

i wonder where ken is the big sap

So monthly thing?
    Yes?
    No?
    Maybe?

Yeah defo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

id love to go to one. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

Well maybe if you moved somewhere civilised....

Yeah monthly sounds good to me. When's the next one due?

• Advertisement

Tuesday 9th september would make it a month.
    how does that date fit with people?

Advertisement