Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Well anyone free for that date?

Also do we want to go to the Oval again or would someone like to suggest somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Dunno if im free that date. will only know closer to the time im afraid, but oval still sounds good. Once it worked for everyone last time

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

Is this Tuesday better? I may be away on the 9th.

I could make this tuesday but it's probably too short notice.

In Bahrain at the moment so cant make it for tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

Earliest I can make is Thursday, I don't get paid til Wednesday night. I've a few books and such (Collections of old periodicals bound in unused hardback books) that I've been telling ??? about in PMs and I'd happily bring along a few if people want a look at them. I'd definitely be up for another meet up though. I'm still working on a nice little effect I learned at the last one.

Well then what about this Thursday?

I wont be in country this Thursday but you guys work ahead with it.

I could make Thrusday.

When are you back Bigslick?

So are people on for Thursday?

• Advertisement

??? wrote: »
    So are people on for Thursday?

I can make tomorrow or most other days anyway really. I reckon that might be a bit short notice for some people. I'll be in work til about 5:30 tomorrow so I'll keep an eye on the thread. If there's a positive response, I'll be there.

Im back thursday late evening. But going out friday evening with family. Be free the next week if that suits anyone?

Looks like I'm around next week after all.

Yea, I think next week would be better.
    Any ideas on what day?

Mondays out. Tuesday?

Any weekday is good for me.

monday or tuesday would probably suit me. Either or

I'm free whenever. Just let me know ladies. It'd be nice if one of our evil oppressive mods could make it this time though. I know r3nu4l is too far away though.

6th: Have you built up enough brownie points to be allowed out next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Popinjay wrote: »
    I'm free whenever. Just let me know ladies. It'd be nice if one of our evil oppressive mods could make it this time though. I know r3nu4l is too far away though.

6th: Have you built up enough brownie points to be allowed out next week?

I'm actually up to my eyes with stuff for the convention and investigating a venue that cant be mentioned on here ...... feel free to ridicule :D

It's looking like tuesday.
    That cool with everyone?

• Advertisement

Seconded.

Should of asked what time would suit people?
    I would prefer 7ish but i could make 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

what time did this go on til last time? is there parking nearby? or a hotel with parking? im actually due in cavan on wed morning so cud POSSIBLY make this..

We started at 530 last time but most didn't show up till a little later.

so cud any1 recommend a hotel that wud be easy to get to town from but also to get on the road to cavan?

Zuroph, there's plenty of parking around. Dunno what you know about dublin but the car park in temple bar has a nightrate.

hmm, height is also an issue, 2m high van. ah we'll see.

There's pay and display opposite the place, down an alley. I say we make more of an evening of it than last time. 7 onwards sorta thing.

i'll c if i can on monday.

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    so cud any1 recommend a hotel that wud be easy to get to town from but also to get on the road to cavan?

Whenever I'm heading to Cavan (quite often with work too, one of the only hotels big enough for conferences of 500 or so is out that way) I normally head out through Phibsborough and that way. There's a few hotels on Parnell Square that would be handy for that.

I don't know if any of them have parking esp. for a van but there's tons of on street parking around that way anyway. It shouldn't be too difficult to find a spot on a Tuesday night either. It should be free from 7pm to 7am too.

Advertisement