Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem with newly bought used car / exchange

Options
  • 17-06-2008 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All,

I am very sorry, I have no idea how to actually post a thread, but sure here is my predicament, I hope someone might see it and help me out.

I bought a car three months ago from a reputable garage on finance – a 2006 – I had this car two months when it completely cut out on me when I was doing about 80k a hour, I mean, lights, dash lights, steering, brakes, engine and hazards all went, so I had to slow I down with the hand break and just let it veer into the ditch. No damage done thank god, but the AA came and took it away, two days later, I got a call from the garage and they could find nothing wrong with the car and I had to take it back. I said, fair enough, could be a one off, until it happened again. Again the same thing, could not find anything wrong with the car.

So I brought it back to the garage I bought it, and they said I could not get a refund because the finance company could see It as me reneging on my contract to pay them back and I would be blacklisted. So I agreed to give them back the car I bought and buy a new one.

Now my problem is

Can I legally not get a refund from the garage for the money I have spent on the car already?
    The second car is a vw golf, a 1.9 TDI diesel car – is this a wise move as the cost of petrol going up?

Advertisement