Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was star struck recently. By a producer.

Options
  • 20-06-2008 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I've had the pleasure/displeasure of working with alot of big artists over the years, some of them directly with. It's never once bothered me in the slightest how famous they are or how big they are. Until recently at a gig. A fella asked me if he could stand at my onstage work position and check out the gig. No problem I said then I looked at who was walking up behind him and I got all nervous, had to look at the ground and compose myself for a moment. The mighty Daniel Lanois was walking over to me. I felt like such a nerd. He is probably the person whose musical work has touched me beyond all others and have deep love for him as a songwriter and producer. But it was funny when I told the lads I was working with. They were like, "Who th f**k is yer man, state of him." :D

We're all nerdy little music fans behind it all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Saw Eno down by the Pepper Canister Church last week getting into a Taxi ....!

And Clive Langer of Langer and Winstanley at the Madness gig Weds night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

I was a meager Tape-op (really tea making and lifting Otari tape machines ;) in the Wool-hall in beckington/Uk when i was a nipper and came into work to find a fat balding obnoxious blob lying on the sofa in the foyer of the studio... apparently this was a superstar called V*n M*rris*n... He definately wasn't in the business to make friends lol.

He wasn't a very nice person, and was warned to keep my distance from him as he might eat me ;P

I've met a few famous people, but unfortunately for them i live like a hermit so don't know who they are ;) and end up getting told by some friend who's just wet their pantz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Ah Van is a tough nut alright. But sure thats half the craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I bumped into Butch Vig in New York a couple of years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

sei046 wrote: »
    Ah Van is a tough nut alright. But sure thats half the craic!

VM doesn't give a fook! fair play to him. Tape-op'ed on a few of his sessions, always great music with little fuss or bother. Been in studio with Eno too, he's very nice man.
    Most of these 'big' guys are fine if you have your sh1t together and keep your cake hole shut. You get in before the gig, make sure EVERYTHING is working perfectly. Then it's as easy as "Hi there Mr.D. Want a coffee before you start? Lemme put that coat away for ya. " an you're in...

Then you rob his wallet!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Saw Eno down by the Pepper Canister Church last week getting into a Taxi ....!

And Clive Langer of Langer and Winstanley at the Madness gig Weds night!!

The solicitors?

Advertisement