Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spirits message convicts Pedophile ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Yeah I read that when I got to work.
    A paedophile, who abused three girls at his home, was finally caught, when one of the girl’s dead granny's ghost disclosed the crime.

Now, jailed for 5 years, Terrance Dunstan managed to dodge the law for 11 years after abusing three young girls at his home.

However, the 61-year-old man was finally nailed when one of the victims attended Patrick Hutchinson’s psychic show.

In the show, 45-year-old Patrick got a message from the girl’s dead grandmother, who pleaded her to reveal the abuse.

The girl, who never talked about it to anyone before, broke down and fled from the show.

Finally, she shared her ordeal with a pal who was also at the seance in Morley, West Yorks and found that even she was a victim of abuse form the same man.

The girls, now 19 and 20, decided to go to police, who then discovered a third victim and caught Dunstan, who was found guilty at Leeds Crown Court of five indecent assaults.

"I’m delighted justice has been done, and it’s all down to the spirit world. I didn’t want to get involved with it during a show, but the gran was seething mad that he’d got away with it, and there was no keeping her quiet,” The Sun quoted Patrick, as saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭johnsix

I hope the judge used something other than "psychic evidence" to convict the guy. It's not exact what I'd call accurate or reliable. http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_23845.aspx

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

johnsix wrote: »
    I hope the judge used something other than "psychic evidence" to convict the guy. It's not exact what I'd call accurate or reliable. http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_23845.aspx

The psychic evidence appears to have only prompted the victim to report the crime. The evidence was all from her, it seems.

Oryx wrote: »
    The psychic evidence appears to have only prompted the victim to report the crime. The evidence was all from her, it seems.

Yes but rather than judge the case on its own merit sometimes its easier to just throw in a case were it went wrong.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

6th wrote: »
    Yes but rather than judge the case on its own merit sometimes its easier to just throw in a case were it went wrong.
    I just think the title of this thread, and the case as reported is misleading. The spirit message didnt convict in this case. All it did was rattle someone enough to do something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Wow good story. Something similar happened to me a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    <3

FuzzyLogic wrote: »

You got arrested?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

sorry 6th, bad in joke. I go back to lurking now.
    ._.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭johnsix

Actually looking at the article it doesn't say much about what the psychic actually said. Nor did it seem that the psychic actually presented any details you would count as evidence of abuse.
    Medium Patrick Hutchinson was doing a live show in a pub when he said he had received a message from the spirit world from the grandmother of a woman in the audience. The grandmother said the girl had been abused a decade ago and the abuser was still at large.
    Still seems rather vague despite his apparent good luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement