Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2nd PROVISIONAL - CAN I STILL DRIVE UNACCOMPANIED

Options
  • 20-06-2008 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm heading to a concert tomorrow and want to get insured on my dad's car for the weekend - I've previously had two cars but at the moment, do not drive anything as I'm trying to save a bit of cash. Anyhow, I'm confused with the new provisional licence rules - in some newspapers, they say i can drive unaccompanied until end of this month but in others, they say i can't. Can anyone give me the correct answer - can i drive unaccompanied this weekend???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

You can until June 30th.
    The exemption that allows a second learner permit holder in licence category B
    (car) to drive unaccompanied ends on 30 June 2008.

After 30 June 2008 all learner permit holder driving cars, trucks, buses and
    articulated vehicles must be accompanied by a person who holds a full driving
    licence in the licence category for a continuous period of two years. Driving any of
    these vehicles without a qualified person accompanying is a penal offence.

Penal Offences are being created for certain breaches of traffic law by learner
    drivers. These offences are punishable by a fine of a minimum of €1,000 for a first
    offence.

http://www.rsa.ie/Home/upload/File/Changes%20to%20the%20Driver%20Licensing%20System%20Effective%2030%20June%202008.pdf

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

See sticky for all that information. ;)

Advertisement