Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 Games you would like to see made.

Options
  • 20-06-2008 10:31am
    Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you could tell developers what game to make next, what would it be?

For me, it would be something like this:

1. Thief 4
    2. Elite 4
    3. Tie Fighter2
    4. Carrier Command 2
    5. Homeworld 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

1. Deus Ex 3
    2. Deus Ex 4
    3. Deus Ex 5
    4. Deus Ex 6
    5. Deus Ex 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

Seriously though…

1. Another completely original Psychonauts style game, from the mind of Tim Schafer (Oh wait, there’s one on the way!)
    2. A new Lucasarts adventure game (How long has it been since we had one of those?)
    3. A good FPS on the Wii
    4. A decent film/book/comic tie-in game
    5. An Xbox equivalent of the Metal Gear Solid series. (Without the hours of cutscenes) (And don’t say “Splinter Cell”)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

JCDenton wrote: »
    1. Deus Ex 3
    2. Deus Ex 4
    3. Deus Ex 5
    4. Deus Ex 6
    5. Deus Ex 7

But Deus Ex 3 is already in production, so that one at least is just a matter of waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Boards.ie: The Game. A lone noob battles against bureaucracy and logic, battling sarcastic users and drunken mods in their quest to fight the ultimate force in the universe: The Powah!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

1. Homeworld 3
    2. Baldurs Gate 3
    3. Diablo 3
    4. Max Payne 3
    5. Shenmue 3

All 3's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Kiith wrote: »
    1. Homeworld 3
    2. Baldurs Gate 3
    3. Diablo 3
    4. Max Payne 3
    5. Shenmue 3

All 3's

Diablo 3 is being made
    But Deus Ex 3 is already in production, so that one at least is just a matter of waiting.

I thought it was Deus Ex 2 since invisible wars didn't count as an actual sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

The guy wrote: »
    I thought it was Deus Ex 2 since invisible wars didn't count as an actual sequel.

I know Invisible War is almost universally regarded as bad but is that just because it was such a dissapointment compared to Deus Ex or is it legitimately bad? Never played it and wondering if it's worth a look ..

Anyway, my list;

Max Payne 3
    Beyond Good and Evil 2 (which actually I believe is in production or something)
    A 3D Commander Keen based on the Source engine :D
    A new LucasArts adventure game (+1)
    A new Vampire: Masquerades game.

They're already in production so I won't add them to my main list but I can't wait for Fallout 3 and this Deus Ex 3. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

GTA: DUBLIN CITY

Enlil_Nick wrote: »
    I know Invisible War is almost universally regarded as bad but is that just because it was such a dissapointment compared to Deus Ex or is it legitimately bad? Never played it and wondering if it's worth a look ..
    Its not utter ****, but its nothing compared to the original. It got xboxxed. Toned down for consoles. They took alot of the good bits out of it, and the level areas were tiny compared to some of the hige areas in the first game. Plus, none of your choices made much of an impact on the game, bar the very last choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

GTA: DUBLIN CITY

Dublin city?...why bother when they already have this
    tn_gtalimerick.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

4. A decent film/book/comic tie-in game

Have you ever played The Incredible Hulk:Ultimate Destruction, thats a really good comic tie-in game, probably one of the best. Also Marvel Ultimate Alliance and the X-Men Legends games are pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

id love ta see;

A good Jurassic park game: theres one in development with the crytek engine...trailer looks phenominal on youtube

A version of COD4 where Gaz and Price dont die in the end.....:(*sniff*:(

...thats it....im not greedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Kiith wrote: »
    Its not utter ****, but its nothing compared to the original. It got xboxxed. Toned down for consoles. They took alot of the good bits out of it, and the level areas were tiny compared to some of the hige areas in the first game. Plus, none of your choices made much of an impact on the game, bar the very last choice.

Same as the original, so?

Deus Ex 2 is only guilty of not being Deus Ex. It's actually a great game I think, I loved it. The first is obviously mind blowingly good, possibly the best ever, so the second was always going to struggle to live up to the hype and they did dumb it down alot but it was still very good.

How could i have forgotten the most important 3...

System Shock 3....MAKE IT!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

1.peggle 2 at the moment
    2. max payne 3
    3. serious sam 3
    4. a better Age of empires 4
    5. a new thief would be good too, theres loads more but theres 5

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

duke nukem forver:rolleyes:

sorry....had to be said.

But anyway...i know its unrealistic but i would love to see some of the great gemes people above are looking for sequals for remade with todays technology...deus ex source for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

Alan wake??? what ever happened to that:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

1. GTA Rome
    2. Alien vs. Predator 3
    3. Swat 5
    4. Goldeneye 2
    5. Zombies ate my Neighbors 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

The Dark Tower + 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭WEST

1. Deus Ex 3
    2. Deus Ex 4
    3. Deus Ex 5
    4. Deus Ex 6
    5. Deus Ex 7

Brilliant. Gaming heaven!

In relation to people asking if Deus Ex 2 was good, I did not enjoy it at all. I bought the game when it first came out and I must of tried playing it about 3 or 4 times over the years. Each time I got bored with it. The most I got in was 2 hours, sometime later I uninstalled it. I so want enjoy it but it did nothing for me. The game DVD is probably under the bed gather dust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Baldur's Gate 3
    Baldur's Gate 4
    Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves 2
    Ultima Underworld 3
    Aliens vs Predator 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

A new game using the original Stronghold graphics would be class, not this 3d rubbish Stronghold 2 is using.

A new Sudden Strike using the old engine of Sudden Strike 2, but being able to produce tanks/artillery and inf in buildings and having to supply them by producing munitions. That's just be excellent.

Oh wait I forgot my other 3 !

A new Oblivion game would be good, but with better AI, voice variation, different and more distingt landscapes and not the same old caves over and over agian.

I can't actually think of any others I'd love to have made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Mario Bros 4
    Homeworld 3
    Star Trek Armada 3
    A Medal of Honour/Call of Duty set in Vietnam
    An FPS Stargate SG1 game

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

1 Pro Evolution soccer: NEXT ****ING GENERATION EDITION (multi)
    2 Max Payne 3 (PC, 360, PS3)
    3 Newer Super Mario Bros (DS)
    4 Freedom Force 2 (PC)
    5 Unreal 3 - not tounament (PC, 360, PS3)

pretty **** choices I think but first that came to mind

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

1 - Max Payne 3
    2 - A Final Fantasy game for the xbox 360 styled like FF7 but with modern graphics
    3 - Marathon Remake (Bungie Developers remake of old mac classic for 360 and PC using the latest graphic engines)
    4 - Alien Vs Predator 3
    5 - Deus Ex 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

A good racing combat game , with hd graphics like Motorstorm and wide range of weapons like Resistance ps3 ,the game.The larger vehicles,like trucks would carry more weapons ,but be slower ,a game like that with physics would be great ,ie landmines would damage the road surface .cars would have destructable armour and realistic damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

1. Shenmue 3
    2. Shadowman 3
    3 Jet Force Gemini 2
    4. New Quake Arena game
    5. WaveRace 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Shenmue 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

1. Stalker MMO (I have been waiting 4 years for an fps-rpg-mmo, stalker universe would work well me thinks).
    2. Remake ff7 (W/O voice acting)
    3. Thief 4 (Eidos hinted at the possiblity a month ago)
    4. Alpha Centauri 2
    5. Hello kitty island adventure 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

1. A 2D Metroid outing
    2. A decent 3D Castlevania game
    3. Diablo 3
    4. Crackdown 2
    5. Another Naruto game for the 360 developed by Ubisoft:o

Advertisement