Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mothers Birthday

Options
  • 20-06-2008 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

My Mam is very had to buy for she has everything. In recent times Ive got her vouchers for her hair, weekends away, shopping vouchers. Im rung out any suggestions. My Mam is 62 this birthday and well she is a bit old school. Doesn't like getting pampered, wont fly anywhere and well I dont want to spend fortunes. Any suggestions all gratefully received.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭lisaloo

What about a nice Watch, simple but Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oranjeboom

See thats the thing she has one. Its a Raymond Weil (sp) and wont part with it. Its impossible. ARGH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

What about taking her out for dinner and a play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

How about taking her out for dinner? Perfume? I know I have the same problem with my mother, so normally just do one of the above. I normally get the 'you shouldn't be wasting your money' line. It's so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oranjeboom

Ya it is and when I ask her if their is anything she wants she either says something like 'a bit of peace and quiet' or 'no love you are grand dont waste your money' BUT if I didn't get her something she would be raging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

<Banned User Reference Removed>

2 replies on 2 old posts recommending the same gift? Connection with the company or just very happy customer- me wonders! :)

Edit: I'm wrong- just looked at Merylagnes's profile and it's actually 5 recommendations of the same site- and no other posts- The plot thickens!

Advertisement