Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marquee - Cork Showgrounds

Options
  • 20-06-2008 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Went to see Shayne Ward last night he came on at 9 and was finished around 10.20 not worth the ticket price. His support act was crap.

Parking was €5.

It took around 2 hours to leave the grounds

The prices of food, beer etc was expensive

Very very bad experience

The only good point him singing Fields of Atherny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

I'm going to the Marquee tonight.....is it walking distance from town? I'm thinking I might be handier to park the car in town and walk out...avoid the long delays getting out of the marquee.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Ah I could hear that from my house. I was wondering who the hell was singing the Fields of Athenry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

jamieh wrote: »
    I'm going to the Marquee tonight.....is it walking distance from town? I'm thinking I might be handier to park the car in town and walk out...avoid the long delays getting out of the marquee.

Yes it about 15 - 20 mins walking from City Centre

JP Liz wrote: »
    Yes it about 15 - 20 mins walking from City Centre

Cool....if I parked around the Clarion is it a matter of walking towards the Parc Ui Caoigh direction?

jamieh wrote: »
    Cool....if I parked around the Clarion is it a matter of walking towards the Parc Ui Caoigh direction?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Give yourself 20 minutes as a minimum just in case...

Park by the Clarion, cross the bridge southwards, walk towards R&H Hall on the road that swerves right at the pub "Idle Hour" and follow the road until you get to a roundabout with a Shell garage right by it. Take the first exit on the left and keep walking...you'll surely see crowds around and it should be easy then!

That's great...cheers lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

There is another car park down there too isnt there? I was there too Last night and there were guards directing traffic to another car park, i decided to go into the marquee area anyway and pay the €5. We left a small bit early and were gone in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

been to 50 cent, kanye west and the who over the last few years.

2 out of 3 were shockingly ****e...

The who kicked ass (i'm 18 but they still were class)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

been to 50 cent, kanye west and the who over the last few years.

2 out of 3 were shockingly ****e...

The who kicked ass (i'm 18 but they still were class)

that's hip-hop for ya..maybe after loads of affects have been added in the studio it may sound OK but when played live it shows up what it truly is, utter drivel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Anybody going to the Meatloaf concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

mars bar wrote: »
    Anybody going to the Meatloaf concert?

Yep, heading along to see him. Only a week away now :)

Cool. I'm not going to that one but I should be going to the one in Donegal(can't wait, my mam is coming along, she has loved him since she was 13!) . Report back and let me know how it was please!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Was at Clappton on Friday night parked up by The Venue bar, sorted!

The least you could expect at any of these thing is delays getting out of the car park I was surprised to see the roads around The Marina didnt have that many cars parked, I might park down by CAB for the Jay Z gig on Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

think ill just walk in from town. anyone else heading to see massive attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

going to Morrissey, think i'll just walk from town..maybe hit a pub on the way before paying €5 for a plastic pint(ish) of froth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I went to see kanye west a couple of years ago and quite enjoyed it but i will admit that everything was very expensive and for the amount of time he played it probably wasn't worth the price. Also went to see des bishop there but he was brilliant, couldn't fault it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dreaming-field

Im bringing my girlfriend to see P!nk in a few weeks. I have never been but its meant to be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Im bringing my girlfriend to see P!nk in a few weeks. I have never been but its meant to be good

So jealous, really wanted to see her but left it too late to get tickets :( im sure she'll enjoy it, it does have a great atmosphere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

What is the story getting camera's in?Are they allowed now that everyone has a camera phone anyway.Heading to Massive Attack want to take a few deascent quality pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

wideangle wrote: »
    What is the story getting camera's in?Are they allowed now that everyone has a camera phone anyway.Heading to Massive Attack want to take a few deascent quality pictures.

Been to the Marquee twice and have never had a problem bringing camera in. The last time someone in the queue outside asked one of the security if cameras were allowed and he said they were. Enjoy the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Thanking you for the swift reply RebelRockChick ...I will enjoy it aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

Thanking you for the swift reply RebelRockChick ...I will enjoy it aswell.

i hope its good.

Been to the Marquee twice and have never had a problem bringing camera in. The last time someone in the queue outside asked one of the security if cameras were allowed and he said they were. Enjoy the gig.

My friend was down to see Shayne Ward and she took a grand total of 460 photos of him...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mars bar wrote: »
    My friend was down to see Shayne Ward and she took a grand total of 460 photos of him...

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 nakedlykeenthen

It depends on who's preforming to be honest. Jay Z was there last night and batterys were taken out of camers by security when people were entering. He was very strict on not wanting any sort of recording equipment left in. At the same time with the amount of flashing that went on inside obviously some got them in. I'd say if you are bringing a good camera to get quality pics, put it well out of view if at all possible and all should be ok...

Cameras are allowed

My bag did get checked on way it but cameras were allowed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 nakedlykeenthen

Ye'll see the massive white signs yourselves when ye queue to get in. Says no camers or recording equipment. Just dont advertise the fact you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

akamossy wrote: »
    So jealous, really wanted to see her but left it too late to get tickets :( im sure she'll enjoy it, it does have a great atmosphere :D

there were a small number of tickets released a few days ago. It was not widely publicised (I think) so they may still have a few.

I knew about them the night before they were released but my mam was getting some so I had to keep quiet!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Can the beer be brought into the marquee that they are supposed to be selling outside?

Advertisement