Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marquee - Cork Showgrounds

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

finbarrk wrote: »
    Can the beer be brought into the marquee that they are supposed to be selling outside?

No problem bringing it in but hope you like Budweiser ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

mars bar wrote: »
    Cool. I'm not going to that one but I should be going to the one in Donegal(can't wait, my mam is coming along, she has loved him since she was 13!) . Report back and let me know how it was please!

Well, it was a brilliant gig last night. Meatloaf was great, as were the whole band! Went along with my mom (she was the real fan out of the two of us tbh, but I still enjoyed it). Was second from the front so got some good photos and videos aswell.

Enjoy the gig in Donegal! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭patrickrushe

Useful info on first aid at the event for anyone going:

First Aid at Live at the Marquee, Cork City 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Well, it was a brilliant gig last night. Meatloaf was great, as were the whole band! Went along with my mom (she was the real fan out of the two of us tbh, but I still enjoyed it). Was second from the front so got some good photos and videos aswell.

Enjoy the gig in Donegal! :)

Deadly! Can't wait now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Did anyone find the bar a bit of a pain.

Qs were so long I didnt bother getting beer plus it was only Budweiser

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 nakedlykeenthen

Bud, guinness, white and red wine are available at the bar...

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Ah, we didn't know there was Guinness at the bar.

Still wasn't worth Queuing tho! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The bar closed well before the end of the Neil Young gig anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

i think the bar closes at 10pm, it is well announced (well it was at the Morrissey gig anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Anyone know if tickets for Tommy Tiernans gig on Saturday are selling fast?
    I'm in 2 minds whether to go or not.

Yep, went to get tickets for it yesterday and found I could get better seats for tonight. Was lucky though, all the centre is full and the two blocks are pretty full too. Go into the ticketmaster in merchants quay and you'll be able to see the seats available, albeit on a primative software thingy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

...saw massive attack the other night and thought they were superb. might be able to get a ticket through work for paul simon, so ive got all my fingers crossed.

which makes typing pretty hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

I was at Paul Simon last night. The man is a genius and put on a fantastic concert which I think everyone enjoyed.

On the downside, they're was more chatting during the concert than I've heard at any other concert I've been to. Seemed to be a constant buzz of chatting during a lot of the songs. It was quiet annoying. If you're going to pay 80 quid for a ticket, you'd think you'd shut up while the artist was singing...more to the point, if I pay 80 quid for a ticket I expect everyone else to show a bit of common decency and stay relatively silent.

Sound of Silence, my arse!

On the downside, they're was more chatting during the concert than I've heard at any other concert I've been to.

Was the same during the warm up act for tommy tiernan on wednesday. She had to shout into the microphone and you couldn't understand a bit of what she was saying :rolleyes:

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Was the same during the warm up act for tommy tiernan on wednesday. She had to shout into the microphone and you couldn't understand a bit of what she was saying :rolleyes:

who was the warm-up act Hafez? I'm heading along tonight and if there are people around me chatting over the person on stage I will have a polite word with them :rolleyes:

who was the warm-up act Hafez? I'm heading along tonight and if there are people around me chatting over the person on stage I will have a polite word with them :rolleyes:

Eleanor Tiernan, Tommys cousin is the warm up. Don't rush yourself going down at all. She came on at around 8.15, stayed on until about 8.35 and then there was a 15-20minute break for people to go out and buy another round of drinks. Tommy came on at 9 and finished up around 10.15. Was an excellent show, felt it was a bit short but I suppose I'm used to people having a break inbetween rather than at the start. Drinks are quite expensive, 5euro for a beer - which is little over a half pint I'd say and its 2.50 for a coke or ice cream. The show is being recorded for his DVD so be sure to laugh extra hard tonight :P Enjoy!

cheers Hafez, good to know the show times because I'll have to wait for the babysitter to arrive before I make my way in.

yeah, price of beer is high but I'm not drinking tonight...I had such a nasty horrible filthy hangover after the Morrissey gig I am even nervous by just going back to the scene of the crime:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

DJ Hafez wrote: »

thats cos she was utterly crap, not my cup of tea at all, tommy was alrite, felt short ur right, i had a free ticket so cant complain :pac:

Advertisement