Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let Sleeping Rockstars lie achivements-Xbox

• 20-06-2008 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭

Woo i finally got it..It was really random just playing guy drives towards me in a car and i just got him and the achivement came up..ive been trying to find his gametag if i get it ill let ya's know

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

My girlfriend's little brother was playing my copy of GTA and got this achievement for me! Is it hard to get or just a case of beat someone who has been a Rockstar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Myself, and all of my friends got this within hours of each other two weeks ago. During the same day I must have heard at least 12 other people saying they unlocked the achievement. All those we killed said they weren't employees of Rockstar, and reported hearing a huge amount of people unlocking it themselves.

Now unless the entire Rockstar team took that Tuesday off and decided to play GTA solidly for 24hrs, I think its fair to say that they opened up that achievement in response to criticism regarding its elusiveness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Its a viral achievement, they are in a few games burnout, shadowrun, pgr4 to name a few. Basically, If I was playing a ranked game of GTA with you soby and I killed you :pac: then it would unlock for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Its a viral achievement, they are in a few games burnout, shadowrun, pgr4 to name a few. Basically, If I was playing a ranked game of GTA with you soby and I killed you :pac: then it would unlock for me!

Are you sure? Because I didn't unlock it for any of my friends despite them killing me after I got the achievement.

edit. Then again we might not have been playing a ranked match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

OMG!:eek::eek: I just unlocked this two minutes ago and came on here to start a thread to find out what it was and there is already one here. It was completely accidental I didn't even know it existed. What is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Im pretty sure it says kill a rockstar dev in a ranked match for the achievement specs, i cant double check though because im in work.

Check one of them achievement point sites forums, all the whores usually know exactly what to do to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

It's viral. It starts with just the devs but once people unlock it you can then gain it by killing them. For example; my friend got the achievement, we played a game together and someone killed him, I then avenged him and got the achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I got it in my first online match!!! The second guy I killed gave me the achievement! \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭rizzla

I always thought that the Rockstar developers put themselves in it as pedestrians and during a ranked match if anyone in the game killed a Rockstar pedestrian it would unlock the achievement for everyone.

I couldn't have been more wrong. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

it's defo a viral achievement which was only "activated" a couple of weeks ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement