Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zombie Movie Scripts

• 20-06-2008 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

So zombies are the cool thing to be into this year. Anyone write their own zombie movie script? There's got to be tons of them out there. Anyone care to post some?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Back about 4 or 5 years ago I wrote a story that was probably around 10000 words long called "The Good, The Bad And The Undead" that was basically cowboys versus zombies (zombies were he result of a haitian slave using voodoo to take revenge). In my defense though, it did have a few character arcs and something resembling a plot. It started off as fairly tongue in cheek but after a couple of re-writes I made it a lot more violent, bleak and downright nasty. I'm still rather fond of it. The original title was "For A Fistful Of Brains"

A couple of years before that I also wrote Untot! which was about a U-boat commander discovering an SS experiment on an island off the Danish coast. I like the fact that the heroes and villains were German soldiers but I guess my writing skills weren't as good back then, it's a bit of a mess with some large plot holes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I started one ages ago called "The Dead"

was set in an airport

Was actually an alright story!

Bahhh Ive too many things i wanna do!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've had loads of ideas for zombie movies over the years, but there was one particularly good one that I formed the outline of a script for. I didn't finish it, but there was some dialogue, and key scenes written, with a fairly detailed timeline of events.

The concept was zombies in medieval times, but the overall plot wasn't so much about knights against zombies (although, battle scenes were planned, so there is that element) as it was about a Duke who is using the chaos and impending zombie plague in order to seize power and appoint himself king, and goes on to detail the fall of the kingdom under his rule. Much backstabbery and clandestine plots were involved, knights burning villiages and killing lots of innocent people in order to stop the spread of the plague. One scene I detailed was where the king had been infected, but rather than kill him, they wall him up inside his chambers.

I had the concept of a medieval zombie movie rattling around for absolutely years, but as I look back at how it started, it was pretty terrible; my main character was a young farm hand (yes, it was that cliched!) who becomes a hero and leads villiagers to safety... But I kept adding detail about how the kingdom is coping with this plague, and that started making for a far more interesting story, so the farm hand was eventually just cut from the plot. When he was still in the story, he was initially trying to lead survivors to a castle, yet the defenders of that castle opened fire on them when they approached, so at to stop any infected refugees from approaching more densely populated areas. I kept that scene, but now it involves everyone dying in a hail of arrows, rather than just a few.

Anyway, not sure if I'll ever get around to finishing it, but you asked, I told. ;)

I've some other stories, but nothing as close to as developed as that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

So zombies are the cool thing to be into this year.

This year? There was a time when zombies weren't cool? Or you mean in the eternal pendulum swing of fashion between zombies, ninjas, and cyborg monkeys?

Zombie concepts I've wanted to make have been:

Old people zombies. Lets face it, zombie films are all about wish-fulfilment, and everyone hates old people. Plus they smell, look hungry and brain-damaged, and generally resemble zombies, so makeup would be cheap. So a zombie film where we get to mindlessly batter our aged betters would be rollicking good fun, and stir up exactly the kind of mindless politically correct controversy that makes for cheap publicity.

Mobile phone zombies. Everyone knows mobiles give you cancer, but did you know they transmit a zombie plague DIRECTLY TO YOUR BRAIN???!!!??111
    Whether controlled by a military project, a cancerous colony organism, or a corporate AI gone homicidal, who cares? Its a cheap excuse for shooting/bashing someone in the head while talking mindlessly on their mobile. Which can't be all bad. Not classic zombie in origin, but in structure. Cheap angle: schizophrenic protagonist, persecution complex, on a rampage. Funs.

Political zombies. Zombies go on strike/civil rights march.
    It is CRITICAL that they be subtitled.
    All audible = mmMMMrrrMMghh, all subtitles = complex thought,
    Zombies march on town a la civil rights movement = classic zombies invade town scenario, with red-blooded hicks slaughtering the hapless and disenfranchised zombies.
    Plus, you know, its, like, social commentary, so you can feel like Romero and stuff...

Culchy zombies. Rural/urban relations turn ugly. Should consist of panicked sh*tty shlickers being unable to understand the accent of anyone from beyond the Pale, and reacting in violent fear and terror. Since the body of any true countryman, especially a Mayo-man, is made of sterner stuff than the blows of feeble limp-wristed urbanites can damage, this would be fairly slapstick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Kama wrote: »

Political zombies. Zombies go on strike/civil rights march.

Believe this has been done in the first season of Masters Of Horror, think the episode was called Homecoming, can't remember who the director was. Basically had soldiers who had been killed in Iraq returning from the dead to vote out the president. Personally didn't enjoy it, thought it was a bit disrespectful of the people who have died in the war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Detained, as featured on Blizzard of Odd a while ago, is a nifty Irish Zombier. Although I suspect that at least one of the dudes involved is probably on this board somewhere, right? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

ooh hadn't seen detained, sweet short!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Mobile phone zombies. Everyone knows mobiles give you cancer, but did you know they transmit a zombie plague DIRECTLY TO YOUR BRAIN???!!!??111
    Whether controlled by a military project, a cancerous colony organism, or a corporate AI gone homicidal, who cares? Its a cheap excuse for shooting/bashing someone in the head while talking mindlessly on their mobile. Which can't be all bad. Not classic zombie in origin, but in structure. Cheap angle: schizophrenic protagonist, persecution complex, on a rampage. Funs.

Funny you should mention Mobile Phone Zombies ... a college mate made this short ...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-RlONO-g82E&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-RlONO-g82E&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Funny you should mention Mobile Phone Zombies ... a college mate made this short ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RlONO-g82E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

pauldeehan wrote: »
    Back about 4 or 5 years ago I wrote a story that was probably around 10000 words long called "The Good, The Bad And The Undead" that was basically cowboys versus zombies (zombies were he result of a haitian slave using voodoo to take revenge). In my defense though, it did have a few character arcs and something resembling a plot. It started off as fairly tongue in cheek but after a couple of re-writes I made it a lot more violent, bleak and downright nasty. I'm still rather fond of it. The original title was "For A Fistful Of Brains"

A couple of years before that I also wrote Untot! which was about a U-boat commander discovering an SS experiment on an island off the Danish coast. I like the fact that the heroes and villains were German soldiers but I guess my writing skills weren't as good back then, it's a bit of a mess with some large plot holes.

First one sounds good - why didn't you push it harder?

Not sure about the second one, but the idea of being in a confinded space with some zombies is a good one. How about in Berlin before the wall came down?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Never written anything as such, I'm more a a visual person although I've been described as a good raconteur.

I have no end of ideas for scenes in Z flicks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,080 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-RlONO-g82E&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-RlONO-g82E&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Been done by Stephan King in one of his latest offerings last year.Called CELL.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement