Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HD TV - XBOX

• 20-06-2008 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am just wondering has anyone heard of this before.

I Bought a 32inch HD Telly there a while back.

I used to play my xbox down stairs on a 42 HD Telly and the quality was amazing.

But when I plug it in upstairs the colours are all strange on them. like there green and yellow mainly colours.

any else had this problem? the T.V I have isn't a big brand name, but either is the one down stairs and that quality is amazing.

I am currently playing to VGA quality thanks to a mate who lent me the lead,

but just wondering If it is fixable at all(is fixable even a word?)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Isn't there a switch on the cable for SDTV/HD?

Just a guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mickyt

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Isn't there a switch on the cable for SDTV/HD?

Just a guess.

Yeh, I make sure that thats ticked etc.
    I might see tonight again to mess around with it. someone said I need to make some changes on the xbox and the T.V. but have tried alot of different combinations and nothing is really of any use.

I mean the quality of the screen, fabolous, just the colours let it down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Silver Serpent

Some TV's take to the Xbox 360 VGA connection better than others.

VGA is too washed out on mine, so I have to use component.

The problem could also be a calibration issue with the TV.

Could you describe the colours. Are they over saturated, or under-saturated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

IIRC you have to go into the 360's settings menu and change the TV setup to 420p or something like that. If you are using it with the HDTV then it would be set to 720p/1080i/p

edit: read your post wrong. Maybe the new TV doesn't support one of the resolutions I mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

That happened me when i got my hdtv but i was using the componant cable and realised i mixed up the red video cable and sound cable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mickyt

Thanks for the help on this guys,

In response to the last 3 posts.

Silver: I will check later as Haven't tested it in recent months and get back to you with more of an accurate discreption of the problem.

Jester: Yeh mate, I tested lots of things out in terms of settings. and yeh the t.v. does support those resolutions.

Ciano: I thought I had messed up the cabling a little bit. and although Its hard to get in to exactly see which ones are which. I am confident I have the correct.

I will try it after work later and see if I can give a bit of a better description as to what is happening.

Cheers Fellas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

ciano1 wrote: »
    That happened me when i got my hdtv but i was using the componant cable and realised i mixed up the red video cable and sound cable

same for me

wrong red one was in and washed out looking colour

try switching them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭The Roach

Try calibrating the TV; you can do this using either a dedicated calibration disc (DVE etc) or a much more basic version, like the THX optimiser that comes on most THX DVD's (Disney and Pixar ones are usually pretty sure to have it). This will give you a basic set of calibration images with instructions on what you should do to change the tv settings. You might find your colour levels or something else are a bit off, something like this should help you fix that.

Advertisement