Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tats, Just how painful are they??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

im officially 100% scared of getting a tattoo now!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Ruby-J wrote: »
    look ruby relax.
    you are only getting yourself worked up.
    As what Toots85 said:
    Toots85 There's also a lot to be said for the power of the mind. If you go in sh!tting your brick, absolutely convinced it's going to be blindingly painful, then yes, it will be cos you've built it up that way! But if you go in calm and tell yourself it's nothing to worry about, breathe deeply and focus on something else, it will be so so so much easier!! Besides, when you put it into perspective, it's only a little bit of pain for something that'll be gorgeous and you'll have forever!
    is the best thing to do.
    Its all in the mind.
    Walk in and let your mind free,the tattooist will help you with any thing.
    At any time you can ask to stop if you feel not right as its all part of tattooing.
    Have you a friend that could come with you and stay with you while you are having your tattoo done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

Chaos_Path wrote: »
    Pffft.....mine`s bigger!

:P

:rolleyes:
    ...I only put up with it cause I love ya...

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Cherryvega wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    ...I only put up with it cause I love ya...

:p
    ahhhh thats sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

Ruby-J wrote: »
    if u REALLY want u the pain wont be an issue! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

If they didn't hurt, i don't think most people here would get them. It is a rite of passage thing that develops into a kinda pain addiction. At least that was the way it was for me between piercings and tattoos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

I had a one and a half hour session on my right foot last week. All on the top of the foot. It was torture. Mark in Inkwell was lovely though - encouraging me to shout, swear and squeal like a pig (surprisingly does help:D). And I'm still going to go back in the next few weeks to get the other foot done! So it can't be all THAT bad, now can it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    If they didn't hurt, i don't think most people here would get them. It is a rite of passage thing that develops into a kinda pain addiction. At least that was the way it was for me between piercings and tattoos.
    what he said! Ye just get to love it, not been able to get anything done for over a month now, (stuck in bed with spine damage) and it's drivin me nuts! Dyin to get me next piece as much for the sensation as for wantin summit new n shiny! :p

the lads in inkwell are ledge, greg laughs at the faces I make as I'm grippin the side of whatever I'm sat on and mark sits askin how I'm findin it cuz he thought it was whatever gettin done in the same place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

Tommyboy71 wrote: »

agreed! i loved gettin inked! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

Me too... defo addictive, I loved getting all my tatts done even though they hurt like hell the pain IS bearable and you will get through it and then you'll be back for more!!
    I've just had my last one finished a few weeks ago and already thinking about my next one yahooooooooooooooooooo
    Focus on something other the pain, a book or a magazine, whatever, you'll be fine, good luck & I'm jealous!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

I nearly passed out today getting my inner wrist done. it was more from a body shock than actual pain if that makes sense? It wasnt that sore but thinking about it and watching the needle made me have a freaky adrenaline rush. I was fine after a couple of minutes, it wasnt nice but well worth it for the end result! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

Pics??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Mines in the thread I put up last night. Its looking so much better today already, well worth a little bit of pain and sickness for the end result.

I have to say I always poo poo-ed small tatts before, didnt really appreciate them, but this one means a lot and I LOVE it! I don't get to see my brother as much as I like and now he's right there on my wrist :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Mine wasn't painful at all, took about an hour. Just felt I was been pinched like when you are a kid. A bit annoying but not unbearable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 babsbabs

Yes they hurt

But it does depend on how tolerant you are to pain!!!

I got mine done in April, I brought my friend with me, and while talking to her and her showing me bits out of magazines, I really didnt think it hurt that much!!

I got mine done on my lower back, but if you really want one you will take the pain, and its well worth it!!

Good luck with it, but bring someone for support, best way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭peanut66

my sister got a huge one across the bottom of her back and she said it didnt hurt at all. I would say you have just buikt it up so much in your head that if you keep thinking about it you will never do it.

Just dont think about it go in tell em what you want and I guarantee it wont be half as bad as you are imagining it to be.

Im thinking of getting one on my wrist!! heres hoping i can take my own advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

each person is different, you cant go by what other people thinks.

Like i like the feeling of getting tattooed, yes okay some areas are uncomfortable but i wouldnt find it painful, where as on the other hand i went with one of my friends to get a tat done and she cried the whole time getting it and cried for ages afterwards :P , so basically everyone is different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Moonspell

I got 3, the 1st one in the shoulder and have to say didnt hurt at all. hurted more having me da after me to kick me arse (well not really like that, but was bad enough) :confused:...
    the one in the wrist, yeah sure, a bit of pain, but nothing unbearable, it's in the inside so with veins and all it was bound tp happen.. as for the last one it's l in the inside of the ankle, now..ok I admit I am a tuff cookie and have a high tolerance to pain, but it did hurt a bit more than the wrist one, but not that much that I dont want to extend it to the foot! :)
    it depends on how much pain one can take. I did a drwaing for my bro's back and when Afryka, the artist, saw it immediatly said that my bro would handle the pain for such a big thing.. bro is whimp what can I say :( even the one he has in the harm was painful!

Advertisement