Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with my Apache 2 configuration?

Options
  • 20-06-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi
    I just can't seem to configure apache2 correctly.

I want to set /home/administrator/ApacheDocuments as the document root and have a protected folder within it. This folder can only be accessed using ldap authentication.

Also I would like to know how to protect the entire root document rather than just selected ones within it.

Currently, the first page gets stuck loading indefinitely. However if I remove the protected folder it goes to the correct folder and follow the links I have there. So I guess that the ldap module is causing problems for some reason

NameVirtualHost *
    <VirtualHost *>
    	alias	/ /home/administrator/ApacheDocuments
    	<Directory "/home/administrator/ApacheDocuments/repos">
    		Order allow,deny
    		Allow from all	 
    		AuthType Basic
    		AuthName "PolarLake Subversion Repository"
    		AuthBasicProvider ldap
    		AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
    		AuthLDAPURL "ldap://beagley.com:389/DC=pl,DC=com?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)" NONE
    		AuthLDAPBindDN "CN=Users,DC=polarlake,DC=com"
    		Require valid-user
    	</Directory> 

ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

# Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit,
    	# alert, emerg.
    	LogLevel warn

CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
    	ServerSignature On

</VirtualHost>

Any ideas?
    Thanks,