Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of getting an outline/stroke.

Options
  • 20-06-2008 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Right well a few weeks ago I got a tattoo on my arm, this on here:

newtat2rk3.jpg

Now that it's healed the red border around it has faded away due to that being swelling, and it looks a little bare, so I was thinking of getting a black outline around it, but I'm not sure it that would work very well.

Seeing as you guys are the pros, I'd like a second opinion on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not a pro by a long shot, but I don't think a black outline would add anything to it. Ther does seem to be a slightly shaded border around it already... unless it's my eyes or the camera playing tricks on me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

If you're planning on adding more or even extending it into a full sleeve/half sleeve I wouldn't outline it - unless you're going for a distinct graphic/linear style to the tattoo. That said it's dependent on your own personal preference :) I'm just a huge fan of bold outlining, I've a full chestpiece that style :D

Advertisement