Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap waterproof camera cover case - too good to be true?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Had one of these once. They are a pain!

Buoyancy is the main problem. To get a good shot you need to be upside-down and finning!

Get a dedicated housing for your camera and you have the option of snorkelling/diving with no added discomfort.

Seadeuce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Check out Aldi's U/W camera on Thursday. Rated to 30m it may satisfy your needs at much less than a dedicated housing (which would be 40m rated).

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/58_6224.htm

Price is €129.99, 6 megs.

Seadeuce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

hmmmm...the aldi one is tempting. But I already have a decent camera and cudnt really justify spending 130 euro...or could I...

reckon I might buy that yoke and pop it in a jar of water for a couple of hours with something thats not damageable and see if it leaks. Worth a shot for 16 quid

Advertisement