Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The letter arrived...

Options
  • 20-06-2008 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Got the letter today saying i've got to repeat one exam from 1st semester, Although i'm well pleased with results this semester

2x A2's
    1x B1
    1x B2
    1x D2

Hurray!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Well done....oh well having to repeat an exam isn't the end of the world. Just make sure you don't have to repeat one in 4th year or you won't graduate with your class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Ya, well done. Hope the repeat goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Cheers,I'm delighted with it, Just thought i'd let ye know that the letters went out anyways, But One Question.

QCA - this semester was 2.92,
    QCA - last semester was 1.76,

Giving me an average of 2.3 something i think

I konw i've got to repeat programming from last semester as i got "f' but do i have to repeat maths too as i got a d1 in that in first semester, or do i just have to clear the F as my qca is already over 2!!!

Tis confusing stuff!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

as far as i know u only have to repeat the f but if you plan on just getting a d2 in programming in your repeat you will need to take into consideration if that drops your qca below 2

i was in that programming class what course u doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭badolepuddytat

Well done, good luck with the repeat. No idea about if you'll have to do the other one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Got a letter as well...one "I" Grade and an actual repeat

A phone call to the Revenue helped alleviate the pain though, €3135 on the way to me now :-)

Music, Media & Performance Tech, I'm one of the class reps, U've definately seen around the CSIS, Just look for the 17" Macbook

Oh, So my QCA could actually go down as well as up due to how i do in programming, Should i repeat maths to be on the safe side!!! - I really don't want o

Afaik you only have to repeat the f. If that brings your qca above 2.0 then you should be ok. I'm not sure if they'll take the qca for semester 1 or the cumulated qca of both semesters.

If i repeat programming and get c3 or above - i'll get credited 2 which will bring me up to 1.89 if i do the same for maths it'd go to 2.02,

So if i don't repeat maths,it'll be

1.89+2.92=4.81/2=2.405(cumalitive)

Repeating maths:

2.02.+2.92=4.94/2=2.47(cumalitive)

Hmm, I'm at a loss now as to what i should do, I'm thinking i should do both - but it's alot of cash etc, I mite have to just ring the saa

as far as i knw there is a cap on the repeat results so no matter how u do it only counts as 40% so u can olny get a c3

and im in dmd so im sure iv seen u

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think i've seen you around before too - We used have *youtube" class together in first semester!!!

I've read the student handbook and i've drawn the conclusion that my cumulative qca has to be over 2 and as such cumulative as such means total so i should be fine with just programming, i'll ring them on monday to verify though.

PeakOutput wrote: »
    as far as i knw there is a cap on the repeat results so no matter how u do it only counts as 40% so u can olny get a c3

Yes the repeats are capped at C3.

'I' grades are not capped.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dani Adelante

I didn't get a letter today. I asked my mother to ring when it came but she just called and said there was no mail for me today. Most people would see that as a good thing, but I definitely have one repeat to do as I got an F in one of my Christmas exams. Now I'm going to be stressing all weekend wondering how I've done, as a couple of my exams this time were borderline pass/fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

I was stressing about the dreaded letter myself over the past few days. Arrived in the door this afternoon to see an A4 letter where I could make out the UL logo at the top. I think I had a very minor heart attack when I spotted it. Lucky for me however, it was just an optional repeats form for the D1 I got in the 1st semester (damn Business Maths 2). So, needless to say, I am happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Huh?!..Do ye lot over there get letters containing yer results in the post before they on net? :confused:

Sure I got a letter this week..but that's because Diploma of Religion and Gaeilge Ghairmiuil don't affect my Q.C.A..But compulsory to pass in order to teach.

if u failed and have to repeat you get a letter otherwise you gotta wait for the internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

So...no letter is good then?! Could the end be in sight for me!?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

You don't get a letter unless you fail something and have to repeat it......<cliche> I'm drunk yak yak yak <end_cliche>

rmacm wrote: »
    <cliche> I'm drunk yak yak yak <end_cliche>

Whats new.

OT. Ya, you don't get a letter unless you have to repeat something. Saves paper not sending everyone's results out in the post. UL being environmentlly conscious or just cheap?

Advertisement