Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need advice regarding Demo

• 20-06-2008 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

HI there,

I have been volunteering in radio for a year or so now and am looking to get into it as a paying career.

I know it can be a hard road but I figured I may aswell start with a demo to send around

I have access to a recording studio but I'm stuck with what to put onto the demo as in material.

My dream, as it is many others', to be a mainstream music chit chat programme but I am willing to work my way up.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Overunder

freeicetea wrote: »
    HI there,

I have been volunteering in radio for a year or so now and am looking to get into it as a paying career.

I know it can be a hard road but I figured I may aswell start with a demo to send around

I have access to a recording studio but I'm stuck with what to put onto the demo as in material.

My dream, as it is many others', to be a mainstream music chit chat programme but I am willing to work my way up.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thank you
    forget the studio get real pic maybe a local topic (recycleing, traffic etc) interview local people on a portable recorder, how you interact with people, i think is important for a broadcaster. Also you could look into your own podcast...you dont have to depend on radio stations to get attention these days ..good luck

Advertisement