Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dressmaker

Options
  • 20-06-2008 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hello

Does anyone know of a dressmaker locally who could take in a Monsoon strapless dress?

I need it done quite urgently (by Tues 1st July).

Thank you,

Jane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

There's an alterations place in Shankill which is very good and she can be quite accommodating of tight deadliines.

It's in the block of shops that includes the Spar and is above the hairdressers. I don't know the name or number, but I can recommend them!

Edited to say: I got the number and I've PM'ed it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

I noticed an alterations sign on Hillside road, just up from Georgio's shoe boutique above one of the shops there. No idea what it's like though. Would be interested to know! I generally wait til I go to town and bring it to the alterations center or do it myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 delgany

Thanks Wingding.

I went to Greystones, saw that sign and the lady was there. It turned out my dress didn't need much adjusting - just a couple of tucks - and she did that for me while I waited. I was delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

That's great to know Delgany... Must use her next time I need something done...

Advertisement