Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese - How'd it go for you?

Options
  • 20-06-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

OK so there are probably only about 5 people here who did it.. But how did you find it?

I was really happy overall.. Nothing unexpected with very nice comprehensions and culture, a strange(ish) 200-char essay, and a nice 300-char essay...
    Wasn't too gone on the polite->plain form but I gave it a go anyway..
    Tape was reasonable.. Some sections were better than previous years, others were more or less in line with what's come up before..
    Oh and is it just me or did they give furigana for a lot of kanji that are actually on the syllabus.. Also, I think they may have changed their minds on the first question.. There were lots of underlined kanji, probably for one of those circle the correct readings, but nothing done with them.. (For example, "GENKI" I think)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Woohoo FINISHED!!

Japanese went quite well. Comprehensions werent too bad, the 200 character essay was more restricted than usual. I was expecting to be talking about gakko, kazoku, shumi etc. Long essay I did your mans timetable, again restricted but I was able to bring in more kanji etc by also saying what he DOESN'T do!

Listening was hard I thought. Getting the directions was impossible, but the pizza hut phone call was easy other than the phone number.

Anyhoo, overall Im happy, what was your teachers name? We could have the same sensei as my teach teaches in 3 or 4 schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Drakmord

Beautiful Paper!
    The tape was piss easy, I honestly think I got 100% in it. The reading comprehensions were also nice.
    I wasn't sure about how the last composition went though.

It's great to be finished :) Although Ag Science was my last exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Ag Science and Japenese.....what are you? Some sort of mutated ninja farmer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 danny128

beautiful paper
    spent 1 hour on the last essay

Applied Maths was my last exam~ impossible to do it in 1 yr T.T

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Drakmord

BJC wrote: »
    Ag Science and Japenese.....what are you? Some sort of mutated ninja farmer?

Yes, I throw shuriken and plant rice in paddy fields :).
    All in a days work for Ninja Farmer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

It was a nice paper,although seeing as how it was my last exam,I'd kind of stopped caring.Didn't particularly like the mobile phone essay,but managed.It wasn't really one where you could show off,y'know?

Stupid directions came up in the listening,but at least there was no illness section.Plus,katakana is always welcome!:Dkurispii itarian piza anyone?

I'd say the oral was the worst part of my exam.I don't think anything could bring me down after finishing my last exam so I was always going to be in a good mood after the written!

Advertisement