Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Croatia Vs Turkey

• 20-06-2008 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭

I fully expect to see Croatia win this one, they are a very well rounded team, with probaly the best defence left in the tournament imo. Ill go with a 2-0 win to croatia.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Croatia, deffo.

I have them in a sweep, so they better bloody win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yep, Croatia for me also. The only thing about Turkey is that they're gathering momentum and their confidence will be sky high. But the Croats will be too strong for them, i'm sure
    Croatia - Spain final!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

I know everyones writing them off (myself included) but could those resilient turks surprise us tonight???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Croatia for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

I can see Croatia winning this one but not by a wide margin, it could even go beyond 90 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Croatia 3 - 0 Turkey....:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Yes, I see a very open game but Croatia to win by at least 3 clear goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm going to go with the majority and side with Croatia too. Turkey were the width of post away from going 3-0 down to the Czechs and really only got back into the game after being gifted a goal by Petr Cech so I can't see them getting past a Croatia team that has played some fabulous football in the tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

This'll probably be a pretty mad game, I'd say Croatia to win by the odd goal, and a red card for one on each side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

And a riot outside probably give the nature of some Croats and Turks.
    I'll like to see Turkey do it but they won't get out of jail twice.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I'll go with everyone else and say Croatia. I'd guess 2-0 or 3-1. I think Croatia are professional enough to make sure it doesn't go down to the wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Im thinking Croatia. They look the best organised team left.
    Also have them in my Sweeps :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think Croatia will win but at 4-1 my money will be one Turkey. Really overpriced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

where the hell did you get 4/1!!! i can only find best price of 11/4

Someone on the gambling forum quoted that price, haven't bothered looking myself

EDIT: He was right, Betfair 4-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Do tell 4/1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Guys for massive money ;)

Would you back croatia at 5/6 to win in 90 mins

Or

2/5 to qualify.

Or

2/5 to qualify.

I thought it was better value to go for qualifying rather then the win over the 90min , so the price i negotiated was 4/9 with 500 on it :eek:

Or

2/5 to qualify.

2/5 to qualify is far too small. The odds are on the side of Turkey for this game, no doubt. I think Croatia will win, but the odds are certainly over compensating. Go for something like Croatia HT/FT for value

C'mon the Croats!

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    2/5 to qualify is far too small. The odds are on the side of Turkey for this game, no doubt. I think Croatia will win, but the odds are certainly over compensating. Go for something like Croatia HT/FT for value

you kidding me , for €500 euro mate you want to be buying money in these games hence the 4/9 bet on Croatia to qualify from this match(ET and penalties INCL)

Is there anyone else actually watching this? All the talk so far has been of betting...

Tom65 wrote: »
    Is there anyone else actually watching this? All the talk so far has been of betting...

Of course all the people that did bet on the match are also watching it ;)

But in saying that havent Turkey come storming out :D

Of course all the people that did bet on the match are also watching it ;)

Bah, I bet on France to win and, having seen their first match, I more or less avoided them after that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Miss of the round ? tournament ??

Without a shadow of a doubt , heart was in my mouth after that chance. Was up celebrating before it even went in , I must of Jinxed it

Without a shadow of a doubt , heart was in my mouth after that chance. Was up celebrating before it even went in , I must of Jinxed it

The Croatian people will be after you.

It's genuinely difficult to hit the crossbar from that kind of chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Modric was mildly displeased too judging from hi reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

can you be more specific? some of us don't have TVs :( who missed? and how could it be worse than Gomez's?

• Advertisement

The commentator called it when he said Croatia are beginning to tear Turkey apart. Only a matter of time, surely?

Well i have 20 on him to get the 1st goal so i am not best pleased with that miss.

can you be more specific? some of us don't have TVs :( who missed? and how could it be worse than Gomez's?

Modric gets round the back, slides in a fantastic ball across the face of goal and Olic has hit the bar from four yards out! Nico Kovac followed up and headed over the bar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

In fairness, everyone went ape over Gomez miss but it took a bit of a bobble. It lifted a bit at the very least just before it got to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I haven't seen any team take on the defence and get to the byline before crossing backward as much as Croatia do...it's good to see.

Modric went down the right side, edge of the box near the by line, played a ball across the box to which Olic got his feet to six yards out with only the keeper to beat. At this stage, i could see an 11/2 1st goalscorer bet come off but Olic hit the bloody crossbar!!! As someone already said, it was easier to score!!
    I can't believe Tuncay got booked for that 'elbow'. Jesus, he only went up for the ball. Football is becoming like basketball

• Advertisement

Turkey starting to come back into this a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Anyone else see one of the Croatian coaches putting a full-nelson on Pranjic?
    wonder what he did to deserve that ;):D

you kidding me , for €500 euro mate you want to be buying money in these games hence the 4/9 bet on Croatia to qualify from this match(ET and penalties INCL)

You don't understand the term value. What I meant was that the odds were too low. That is what the term value refers to. It doesn't mean you want a bet with as many outs as possible (ET, Penos etc.), it's a term that strictly refers to whether the odds you got were fair odds for the bet, and personally, I think the odds are too small. 2/3 would have been my lowest.

Hmm I predict a good second half from Turkey.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I predict a riot

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    You don't understand the term value. What I meant was that the odds were too low. That is what the term value refers to. It doesn't mean you want a bet with as many outs as possible (ET, Penos etc.), it's a term that strictly refers to whether the odds you got were fair odds for the bet, and personally, I think the odds are too small. 2/3 would have been my lowest.

I wish you would lay that :D . I do fully understand were you are coming from though.

Make the bad men stop.

Gawd another 30 mins, can't we go straight to penos?

Mike.

I think the lack of replies says a lot about this game. And how utterly crap it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Does George Hamiltons pronunciation of Niko in Niko Kovac remind anyone else of this?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

zzzzzzzzzz

Does Vulcan remind anyone else of Nico Bellic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

jesus i'd say the germans are loving this match! Have to say tho croatia really do have good fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Damnit RTE killed the live feed.

Damnit RTE killed the live feed.
    Lucky fecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I dont believe it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement