Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Croatia Vs Turkey

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Is that a goal? :eek:

/rubs eyes

Oh my God...

Thank Christ for penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

WTF? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Turkey, da comeback masters! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Jammy bastids

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

bloody hell!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

was a great finish too for Semih!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

What a game.:eek:

• Advertisement

Rustu to redeem himself with teh penos? He seems a handy shot-stopper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This is incredible!! I mean, i really can't believe it. This tournament is getting better and better and better. AMazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was going to post "I watched two hours of lousy football and didn't even get a peno shoot-out" :pac:

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

monkey9 wrote: »
    This is incredible!! I mean, i really can't believe it. This tournament is getting better and better and better. AMazing

apart from the first 118 mins you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

SofaK wrote: »
    Rustu to redeem himself with teh penos? He seems a handy shot-stopper.

I think so. I really, really want Croatia to win, but I think Rustu will put Turkey through.

Lol @ the announcer, "the highlights, the two goals..."

Ya, that's about it alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

insane!! I've got to remember never to watch the first 80 minutes of a turkish match!!

Stekelly wrote: »
    apart from the first 118 mins you mean?

It was worth it just for this craziness. Football hey?

Croatia choke...

Bye bye Croatia.

Turkey & Germany eh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Delighted ..... Well done Turkey.

Well deserved after that extra time performance. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Not even an exciting shoot out. Terrible viewing

Turkey are like one of those people at a party who are fairly quiet and normal at first, then late on after continous drinking they visit a place call Crazytown!!

Turkey are fecked as they'll be missing 2 of their key attacking players for the semis - Arda and Tuncay, right?

So that's Germany into the final then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Unbelieveable, one minute the Croatia are home and dry and the next they are out. Fair play to Turkey though they just never give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Here here, fair play Turkey delighted for them, I still cant believe what an ending.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

turan, emre and tuncay all miss the semi's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

There'll be some fun here on Thursday... things could really kick off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

With the players suspended and even with Nihat gone off injured I think they will struggle big time against Germany who seemed to find a little bit of form last night now that they dropped that fella Gomez who came into the tournament as a big prospect for them and has been a huge disappointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Onto Basel we go. Bring on the Germans! :D
    Turkey are like one of those people at a party who are fairly quiet and normal at first, then late on after continous drinking they visit a place call Crazytown!!
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Touch of the old Rep of Ire teams who did the business only to let in the stoopid last kick goal. Those days are behind us now, right, right?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

SofaK wrote: »
    Turkey are fecked as they'll be missing 2 of their key attacking players for the semis - Arda and Tuncay, right?

So that's Germany into the final then :pac:

and nihat looks like he mightve done himself a mischief, so theyre left with semih and god knows who to get goals

Did Eamo just call the Turkish 'keeper "Rusty"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

LOL at Dunphy "The turkish keeper Rusty..." :D

kenco wrote: »
    Touch of the old Rep of Ire teams who did the business only to let in the stoopid last kick goal. Those days are behind us now, right, right?????

Oh yeah, whatever defender messes up, the Trap will kiss him on both cheeks before Tardelli takes him out back and wastes him

Tom65 wrote: »
    Did Eamo just call the Turkish 'keeper "Rusty"?

Well it is his first competitive game in a year or so:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Not even an exciting shoot out. Terrible viewing

Ive seen better. Shoot outs are more entertaining if they contain at least two saves, one shot miles over the bar and star the England team against a Scolari managed one ;)

Aside though, jesus christ. They dont have the big names, not the most slick, stylish players, and they dont play particularly thrilling, free flowing seamless attractive football, but they have more drive and determination, never say die attitude than nearly all the rest. Only the Dutch and the Russians can match it. After the first goal the heart was saying "they can do it", the head was saying...eh...get real. Unbelieveable.

shane86 wrote: »
    There it is. If the CL has Liverpool, the Euros have Turkey.

That guy was right.....

Going forward, the squad is severely depleted (out of curiousity once the tournament has kicked off can a manager fly in more players for his originally named squad of 20-25 players?). The Germans have been flattered by Podolskis play, on the whole they have not been stunning at all this year. Portugal were in average form, overcoming them is no major achievement. The head, again, would tell you the Turks luck has finally run out (though I said that last time with the amount of 1st choicers missing tonight, and surely some of them are back against Germany). But the heart.....cant ever write them off.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Turned off half-way through extra-time to go cook... d'oh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Amazing match. Credit to Turkey. The comeback Kings.

Also must say I was sick and tired of Alan Hansen and his smug whingeing at half-time about the game. Said something like it was 'almost watchable'. It's a bloody quarter-final of course it's going to be a bit cagey.

The match ended up offering plenty of drama. So sick of the smarmy arrogance that you get from those guys. The only match in the tournament I found truly dire was France/Romania.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Spot on ''Guy''

Hansen pissed me off. Fair play to RTE they always say its an intrigueing game.....or something along those lines.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

there goes my €100 at 16/1 on croats.

chdpoker wrote: »
    there goes my €100 at 16/1 on croats.

Ouch. It looked like the Turks were 9-1 at half time (though I find that really strange). I was tempted, but considering how my bets have gone so far (France & Gomez as top scorer) I figured it was best not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Tom65 wrote: »
    Ouch. It looked like the Turks were 9-1 at half time (though I find that really strange).
    I got 17/1 at half-time they'd win on penalties. I only put on a tenner though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Amazing match. Credit to Turkey. The comeback Kings.

Also must say I was sick and tired of Alan Hansen and his smug whingeing at half-time about the game. Said something like it was 'almost watchable'. It's a bloody quarter-final of course it's going to be a bit cagey.

The match ended up offering plenty of drama. So sick of the smarmy arrogance that you get from those guys. The only match in the tournament I found truly dire was France/Romania.

Hansen in particular has called it good when it was and bad (like this match) when it was.
    One of the poorer matches at this tournament in my opioion.
    The Ger-Por game was also a quarter final and not particularly cagey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Unreal by Turkey, I think its fair to say Name On The Trophy, even tho they could have thier sub keeper playing outfield in the semi?!.....and what odds your man Semih to score the winner in the semi! :D

I take it the silver goal thingy has been dropped?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I got a semih from that goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Oh yeah, whatever defender messes up, the Trap will kiss him on both cheeks before Tardelli takes him out back and wastes him

We'll miss you McShane. :D

Advertisement