Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anybody ever been to Nurburgring?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

For any of you that were lucky enough to visit the Nurburgring - did anyone drive to get there? A few mates and I are thinking of going on a bit of a road trip to the ring sometime in July. Just wondering what kind of driving time it is? Google Earth is telling me about 18hrs but I usually find it a bit on the optimistic side. Would it be possible drive there in two days or would that be a hell of a lot of driving over two days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    For any of you that were lucky enough to visit the Nurburgring - did anyone drive to get there? A few mates and I are thinking of going on a bit of a road trip to the ring sometime in July. Just wondering what kind of driving time it is? Google Earth is telling me about 18hrs but I usually find it a bit on the optimistic side. Would it be possible drive there in two days or would that be a hell of a lot of driving over two days?

It's a driving trip..a lot of driving yes, but well well worth it!

ClioV6 wrote: »
    It's a driving trip..a lot of driving yes, but well well worth it!

Was asking whether it is too much driving to pack into two days, that's nearly 10hrs a day if you include stops and traffic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Was asking whether it is too much driving to pack into two days, that's nearly 10hrs a day if you include stops and traffic!

10 hours in a day isn't too much driving! especially with a stop every now and then..

Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

If you take the overnight ferry from Hull to Rotterdam it'll be far less driving, interrupted by a night of beauty sleep as well,. (Holyhead-Hull and Rotterdam-Nuerburgring come in at around 5 hours max each)

• Advertisement

peasant wrote: »
    If you take the overnight ferry from Hull to Rotterdam it'll be far less driving, interrupted by a night of beauty sleep as well,. (Holyhead-Hull and Rotterdam-Nuerburgring come in at around 5 hours max each)

Thanks for that. Makes a lot of sense to get an overnight ferry. Didn't even know there was a ferry from Hull.

Advertisement