Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newb Question Regarding south east cyclists

Options
  • 20-06-2008 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum and on this website so hello to all. I am glad to say im new to the whole cycling world and looking forward to getting more involved.

Firstly my bike, i just bought a new GT Avalanche, 2.0, its the basic entry level mtb for begginers. I've cycled around on it a bit and really do like it, very smooth. I look forward to hitting some good trails.

Second, i know there are clubs in dublin i've been on a few websites, i saw that one club does a begginers course but missed it, oh well. i prefer to go out with someone a little more experienced and learn from them that way. only thing is i am currently in the southeast (kilkenny area) and im looking for some trails around here mtb only, does anyone know of any? anyone ever go mtb'ing around here maybe for a hour or two during the week? would be interested in learning more about the sport and developing some decent skills,

so if anyone has any info could you pass it along? Lookin forward to getting out more!
    thanks
    Hoss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

Welcome to Boards, Hoss.

In classic cycling style I see you're being completely ignored by everyone!

Can't really help you on the mountain bike front. (Although you are not far from some good mountains with Mount Leinster and the Blackstairs on your doorstep). I'm a member of a club in Enniscorthy, Co Wexford but its a road racing/touring club. A few of the guys ride the knobbly tyred stuff in the winter but we don't have any organised MB spins. There is a round of the down hill national championships held on Bree Hill about 5 miles form Enniscorthy every year. Very spectacular but absolutely mad!

I don't think there is a club in Kilkenny. A girl in our racing section lives in Kilkenny city but joined our club and races in the leagues in Wexford and Waterford. There is a club in Carlow who might have a MB section.

You would be welcome to join our touring section any Sunday if interested in getting in some road miles. We're not fussy what your riding!

Have a look at www.slaneycyclingclub.com

Best of luck.

Advertisement