Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

your windows licence will expire in x days...Vista Dell laptop

• 20-06-2008 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

How to remove that info,I have 10 days to backup files and reinstall windows.I have oem licence .Ill buy Laptop with Vista Home but now instaled sp1 try activate but its wrote activeted but still have that info.Any ideas how remove it?

Btw I have sp1 v.744 maybe i shud install other sp1 or i need other serial nuber to Vista(how can i get it?)
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Get0fix

Trouble is you are using a Release Candidate version of Vista. I'm guessing you would have to buy a new license, and install the new key onto the machine using a key changer application. Call Microsoft, and they will help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Moved from Laptops forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

I think I dont need to buy I shud get the new key from microsoft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Get0fix

Phone the call centre and find out. Its the best way to find out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

If the copy of Vista came pre-installed on the laptop then you won't have to buy anything.
    Your version of SP1 is the release candidate though. It's not the full final version and has a time limit. You need to go into Control Panel-->Programs/features and uninstall SP1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Ill try uninstal but not working-not successfully.
    Ill rang to microsoft but the dont give me support because its oem so i shud call to the seller ( dell)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

devil-80 wrote: »
    Ill try uninstal but not working-not successfully.
    Ill rang to microsoft but the dont give me support because its oem so i shud call to the seller ( dell)
    Be thankful, if it was Toshiba or Sony you get a restore DVD that wipes your drive back to factory install and good bye to all your data and settings unless you backed it up.

Advertisement