Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite battle scene [spoilers?]

• 20-06-2008 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

We have had a few favourite threads...

Whats your fav battle scene in star trek, can be from any series or any movie...

For me its too hard to decide so ill go by series

TOS: The battle in episode 8 Ballance Of Terror (more like episode 9 loser aheh AHEH HEH HEH AHEHEH)

Its by far one of the best battle scenes in star trek just so... shakesperian? is that the world i hate shakespear though but the dialog, the stle of battle and the honnor that romulans lost in TNG onwards...

TNG: There have been a few but the one that springs to mind is Yesterdays Enterprise Although most great battles show you both sides (both bridges/command centre's) this one stands out for me i loved the music and the style of the episode (its a pitty TNG didnt do any mirror universe episodes)

DS9:No question here - The Die Is The Cast The combined Talshiar/Obsidan order attach on the founders homeworld. Best bridge/command scene, there reactions/tatics where so much more than you would get if a federation ship is attached (evasive manouvers!)

VOY: Year Of Hell Part II The final battle against the Weapon ship

ENT: The scene in season 3 when the wepon leaves the planet pursued by ent and some xindi ships and the following episode where the aquitcs join in (although this battle was ruined by the guardians)

So i guess i might go for the Season 1 Episode 3? The first fight against what is still to his day a unknown ship although i have always belived it was breen

Movies?

Wrath of Khan

First contact was good but i found it short and not enough focus tatics/crew interaction.

Nemesis had more than just evasive manouvers and was one of the better battle scenes of the movies. I have always loved the one in generation as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 oriain

I'm gonna sound like such a nerd but my fave is the DS9 ep where the Federation, Klingons and Romulans finally invade Cardassian Space. Can't remember the ep, it was a planet with loads of little satellite weapon things. Pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

oriain wrote: »
    I'm gonna sound like such a nerd but my fave is the DS9 ep where the Federation, Klingons and Romulans finally invade Cardassian Space. Can't remember the ep, it was a planet with loads of little satellite weapon things. Pretty cool.

i took a 1/2 day off work to go out for a mates bday today and i was ready 20 mins before my lift so... i put on the episode you where just talking about and skipped in 20 mins and that episode got me thinking so i created this thread, its agreat battle scene but for me the one i mentione dabove was the best in DS9 although this one is amazing as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Even though I found DS9's The Way Of The Warrior an excellent battle sequence mainly because there was nothing like it before I have to admit I always thought most of the subsequent DS9 battle scenes were kinda flat. What you get on the other series were not about the amount of ships and explosions, the way they were on DS9, instead they were about the build-up to the battle; the tension and about everything that's left to the imagination (like Wolf 359 in TNG's Best of Both Worlds). I always thought with DS9 the battle sequences were just about giving the audience what they wanted.

Advertisement