Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 distribution boards; How many isolators required?

• 20-06-2008 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

My Ma passed on last Christmas Eve and I am having the electrics rearranged to a more logical grouping.

There are two distribution boards (years ago there was a night saver set up, its long gone but the electrics for my Ma's room were left in the second board) and a "main switch board".

The regulations say each board should have an isolator.

There is a main isolator with its own "neozed" fuse 63A in a small distribution board.

Does each of the other two separate boards need the same arrangement - isolator and fuse? Or can a suitable MCB be used in each board?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

fit a main switch and maybe fusing something like the b63 main mcbs if the supply suits

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭GreySquirrel

Getting a larger board and moving all circuits into it.

Thanks for info

Advertisement