Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Space saving ideas

• 20-06-2008 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Right. Basically about 3 years ago we sold our family house. I ended up moving in with my sister into a pretty small 2 bedroom apartment in the burbs. The aprtment was too small and the furniture unsuitable for me to bring my DJ equipment so I lent it to a mate. Recently I got a laptop and a Torq Xponent and these sit pretty snugly in my room although with a crappy pair of laptop speakers rather than anything decent.

Now my mate is moving to another country and wants to give me back my turntables etc and I do want them back its just I cant see any way to fit all the stuff in my small room. Does anyone have any ingenious space saving tips or know of any stands etc that are really well designed for having in a small room (dont mind spending a few quid). Has anyone here had to conquer this problem with their set up?

Any help appreciated as always.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I live in a small bedsit and I have taken three chairs and spread the decks across them! Just for storage, now, they're far too low to actually use. If you want to use them you have to put them on the kitchen counter.

If money is no object though you should be able to pick up a good table for about €100 that you can set your decks on but won't take up a lot more room.

Like this one...

284654-table-th.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I live in a small bedsit and I have taken three chairs and spread the decks across them! Just for storage, now, they're far too low to actually use. If you want to use them you have to put them on the kitchen counter.

If money is no object though you should be able to pick up a good table for about €100 that you can set your decks on but won't take up a lot more room.

Like this one...

284654-table-th.jpeg

Thanks for the reply. I probably should have mentioned there is no way in hell my sister would let me use any of the living space in the house for them. They have to go in my room. That table would probably be too big (yeah its that bad)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Ouch :eek:

All I can think of then are things that you've probably already thought of yourself. Such as,
    • Under the bed or on top of the wardrobe? If you're not going to be using them.
    • Renting them out? If you can find someone that you can trust not to wreck them (also you could actually make some money)
    • Or put them in storage. Depending on how long you're putting them away for this could run expensive.

Failing that, if you really have no space and really want to keep them, just leave them on your bed when you're not there, and on the floor when you are.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Time for a new gaff i reckon mate ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

jonny68 wrote: »
    Time for a new gaff i reckon mate ;)

You could be right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭thumpybum

if its a single bed, could you put the DJ table over the bed? Or at the very least put some lipstick and a dress on the decks and cuddle up with a bottle of wine.

Advertisement